Who would be interested in a UK MeetUp

Would you attend a UK Wet Shavers MeetUp?

  • Yes if it was local to me?

    Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Yes i'd be willing to travel and stay overnight?

    Votes: 17 38.6%
  • No its not something that would interest me?

    Votes: 7 15.9%

  • Total voters
    44

dc68

-------------
The easiest way to do this is to follow the example as to how it is done on Flyertalk.
Someone just says where they are going to be on what day and what time and then if people come they come.
Otherwise it becomes a "committee" thing and nothing happens.
The first meet may not be well attended, but fun, word spreads and it becomes a regular thing.
It may be worthwhile to use one of the vendors as a "host". you then have for example Glasgow; Leeds and East of England ( ES; Shave Station; Connaught) as a starting point.
I live in the West Country and it easier and cheaper for me to go to Holland
 

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
The easiest way to do this is to follow the example as to how it is done on Flyertalk.
Someone just says where they are going to be on what day and what time and then if people come they come.
Otherwise it becomes a "committee" thing and nothing happens.
The first meet may not be well attended, but fun, word spreads and it becomes a regular thing.
It may be worthwhile to use one of the vendors as a "host". you then have for example Glasgow; Leeds and East of England ( ES; Shave Station; Connaught) as a starting point.
I live in the West Country and it easier and cheaper for me to go to Holland
I totally see your point. And i'm by no way making this a pure committe, however I believe planned somewhat and played to numbers rather than trying to please everyone will mean that 60-70% is better than trying to hit 100% of peoples needs. I do like the idea of vendor hosting, however it then means other vendors might not feel comfortable attending. Lets see numbers and then look at where. There is nothing saying its a once and done
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
It has to be committee run. Someone has to book a venue suitable for our needs which needs planning, also members who want to travel to a meet may have to book time off from the Mr's/Mr/ significant other or whatever we all get up to these days and work too. It's going to have to be a Saturday. We then need a firm date and stick to it as moving to suit some may mess up for others. It's difficult but not impossible to put something half decent together.
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Someone has to book a venue suitable for our needs which needs planning
I assume that means with ale readily available too?

also members who want to travel to a meet may have to book time off from the Mr's/Mr/ significant other or whatever we all get up to these days and work too. It's going to have to be a Saturday. We then need a firm date and stick to it as moving to suit some may mess up for others. It's difficult but not impossible to put something half decent together.
On a more serious note, for long distance travel, best train fares are usually available 12 weeks in advance, but bookings made like this will of course be fixed, so cant faff around changing dates
 

Kevy

Forum GOD!
I'll be in the West end of London on Sat March 30th. I'll probably pop into TOBS, Trumpers, etc.
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I'll be in the West end of London on Sat March 30th. I'll probably pop into TOBS, Trumpers, etc.
I’m going to pop in to TOBS soon, sniff before I buy.
A bit cheaper than buying, waiting for delivery, sniffing and selling on at a loss, if I like it less than current favourites.
 
Last edited:

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
For the first meet a pub may be easier, accepted Vendors may not be present in a selling capacity, however I would really like to see the faces behind the keyboard.
No problem.
I have a spare keyboard I can bring to put my face behind for you.
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
For the first meet a pub may be easier, accepted Vendors may not be present in a selling capacity, however I would really like to see the faces behind the keyboard.
Pub with a function room might open up opportunities for vendors and a trading table or similar

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Depends what you want Nishy? I would suggest somewhere out of town and close to the motorway network with a travel lodge or similar next door. Lots of options around my neck of the woods. Most will give a free room for functions.
I'm happy to put out some feelers anytime and I know that the traditional shaving company would host and look after us.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Remind where you are again Wayne?

I still think the best thing is to meet up in London Olympia for the Great British Beer Festival.
They also have wine, cider and non-alcoholic
 
Top