What watch are you wearing today (WRUW)

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Makes you wonder what they think of their customers. There was a saying in the navy that seems to cover that. They didn't see you coming, they had you piped. I hate when companies treat their customers like that.

Bob
They don’t care. Unless you’re a celebrity, or are prepared to jump through the arbitrary hoops, they don’t want to know.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
2014/15 I was looking at these, I remember have conversations with Konstantinos about it.
Back then they were £2.8K new, now they are more than that used.
I think Omega/Swatch has adopted a quasi-Rolex approach to marketing: Systematically, methodically and unapologetically raising prices. I don’t know if they are managing the supply of watches to the market as Rolex so deftly does in order to maintain the price of their watches, both in the new and used markets…yet.

EDIT: I’ll add that I bought the watch in March 2011, in Marigot, Saint Martin from the Omega AD there, Goldfinger; I checked out their legitimacy before hand, as the name was a bit odd I thought. Back then the price for the 300m Seamaster Professional was still reasonable and even more so at Goldfinger; even after import duties and taxes exigible by Canada the cost was still a good deal.

Last edited:

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
2014/15 I was looking at these, I remember have conversations with Konstantinos about it.
Back then they were £2.8K new, now they are more than that used.
I have the exact same watch as well.... however, I scratched the sapphire crystal something fierce and am having it replaced. Got mine from a great AD here in Texas. I really favor the Omega brand as a whole (for the new / modern watches) and the Seamaster 300M line especially. I just think that you get more value for the price with Omega over Rolex. I have been eyeing the green dial & bezel 300M for a while now...and I am also a fan of the new white dial Speedy as well. With Rolex, I seem to prefer the early 2000's Rolex GMTs, Subs and Explorers over the newer releases....but am strangely drawn to the black dial Sky Dweller on the rubber Oysterflex band......

Last edited:

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
OK, I sold / traded a few watches and had a few new ones come in this week. Nothing terribly expensive, as I purchased them second-hand from a great dealer out of Florida, Delray Watch.com, but they were all on my "I'd like to try one of those someday" list. As some of you all already know, I'm a big fan of white dials - as I get older, they are just easier to read / see. Anyways, I wound up with the following (these are the seller's photos):

(1) a white dial 40mm Panerai Luminor Marina (Note: I IMMEDIATELY replaced the strap on this one with the dark chocolate colored strap that also came with the watch). I've also ordered 2 other straps from FinWatch Straps for this one as well:
1714882369226.png

(2) a white dial 38.5mm Heuer Monza (very, very, very classy looking watch) which I received this past Thursday, and lastly;
1714882302596.png

(3) a full-lume white dial 42mm Bell&Ross diver model

1714882264127.png

I'll send pics of each "on the wrist" or "laying by my keyboard" this coming week. Have a great rest of your weekend gents.

Dr Watson

James
1000003127-01.jpeg

I'm a sucker for early 00s Tag... They looked so modern at the time and look so dated now.

Picked up this NOS Kirium with the rarer sunburst grey dial. Included paperwork dates it to 2001 and it even had the original protective plastic on, nice! 37mm with integrated bracelet means it wears on the smaller side but it's super comfortable.

I'll wear this with period Oakleys for the full vibe :D