What watch are you wearing today (WRUW)

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Although I’m a diehard user of mechanical watches, the Citizen Eco-Drive fascinates me. If I didn’t already own 5 mechanical watches I’d buy an Eco-Drive.
They are nice watches, I’ve had two. BUT, I wouldn’t get another. Why ? Well both have stopped working. What happens is the capacitor goes after around five years. The capacitor being the battery that stores the energy from the light. These are not as cheap as having a battery replaced. Easy to tell if the capacitor is going on an eco drive is it counts two seconds instead of one in one movement of the second hand.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
They are nice watches, I’ve had two. BUT, I wouldn’t get another. Why ? Well both have stopped working. What happens is the capacitor goes after around five years. The capacitor being the battery that stores the energy from the light. These are not as cheap as having a battery replaced. Easy to tell if the capacitor is going on an eco drive is it counts two seconds instead of one in one movement of the second hand.
That is interesting, I'll see how it pans out. I love the look of Citizen watches, and I think for what you get, they are very reasonable priced.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Just found someone quoting £120 for a service and replacement capacitor ! They are nice watches though.
A quick Google suggests that Citizen will repair as part of the lifetime be warranty. £120 is similar money to the battery replacement of my Tag...

Last edited: