What are you waiting on to arrive - 2020

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
I didn't get as far as postage with him, £15?! Crazy price.
No, no, it happened in a different sequence.

I wrote initially "Pls send me your PayPal address, for payment".
Then he came back saying "Sorry to ask but do you have any idea of the postage costs to Greece?"

I thought 'wtf is he talking abt'...
Then I write to him in a nice manner explaining that Int'l Tracked & Signed should probably be at least £15 for this size of package and that he can easily find such info anyhow from the RM website...

He comes back apologetic saying he had really omitted thinking abt international shipping costs (which is what I had anticipated).
Razor cost is a stretch for me so I had an extra reason not to push the situation.

Walking into other people's shoes is important - I learned this over the years.
Not a commonly seen handle over at TSR, so he may not necessarily be that of an experienced player (in trades/sales).

I am addicted and have done hundreds of trades since 2009, but when you see the other guy making a natural mistake all it takes is to alert him kindly.
Told him that after postage, fees and possibly a GBP to Eur conversion he'd be left with less than £80. "That's no good." I wrote to him.

He came back saying "I am sorry but if this does not sell in 3-4 days I will ship to you in the original price".
Then our good old Slapo came in...

All well now.
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
No, no, it happened in a different sequence.

I wrote initially "Pls send me your PayPal address, for payment".
Then he came back saying "Sorry to ask but do you have any idea of the postage costs to Greece?"

I thought 'wtf is he talking abt'...
Then I write to him in a nice manner explaining that Int'l Tracked & Signed should probably be at least £15 for this size of package and that he can easily find such info anyhow from the RM website...

He comes back apologetic saying he had really omitted thinking abt international shipping costs (which is what I had anticipated).
Razor cost is a stretch for me so I had an extra reason not to push the situation.

Walking into other people's shoes is important - I learned this over the years.
Not a commonly seen handle over at TSR, so he may not necessarily be that of an experienced player (in trades/sales).

I am addicted and have done hundreds of trades since 2009, but when you see the other guy making a natural mistake all it takes is to alert him kindly.
Told him that after postage, fees and possibly a GBP to Eur conversion he'd be left with less than £80. "That's no good." I wrote to him.

He came back saying "I am sorry but if this does not sell in 3-4 days I will ship to you in the original price".
Then our good old Slapo came in...

All well now.
Your a gent.
 

slapo

It's... alive!
No, no, it happened in a different sequence.

I wrote initially "Pls send me your PayPal address, for payment".
Then he came back saying "Sorry to ask but do you have any idea of the postage costs to Greece?"

I thought 'wtf is he talking abt'...
Then I write to him in a nice manner explaining that Int'l Tracked & Signed should probably be at least £15 for this size of package and that he can easily find such info anyhow from the RM website...

He comes back apologetic saying he had really omitted thinking abt international shipping costs (which is what I had anticipated).
Razor cost is a stretch for me so I had an extra reason not to push the situation.

Walking into other people's shoes is important - I learned this over the years.
Not a commonly seen handle over at TSR, so he may not necessarily be that of an experienced player (in trades/sales).

I am addicted and have done hundreds of trades since 2009, but when you see the other guy making a natural mistake all it takes is to alert him kindly.
Told him that after postage, fees and possibly a GBP to Eur conversion he'd be left with less than £80. "That's no good." I wrote to him.

He came back saying "I am sorry but if this does not sell in 3-4 days I will ship to you in the original price".
Then our good old Slapo came in...

All well now.
Apologies from taking it from you (and @jphelan81 ). At least it turned out somewhat alright for the seller. :blush:
I'd thought about grabbing the aluminium version, but at its current price... it's a bit too much. This was actually cheaper than the current aluminium offering, which feels rather odd, but then the aluminium version used to go for ~£65, if I remember correctly.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Apologies from taking it from you (and @jphelan81 ). At least it turned out somewhat alright for the seller. :blush:
I'd thought about grabbing the aluminium version, but at its current price... it's a bit too much. This was actually cheaper than the current aluminium offering, which feels rather odd, but then the aluminium version used to go for ~£65, if I remember correctly.
Hope it looks better than the photos when it turns up. Apologize for slagging off your new razor :giggle::surrender:
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
No, no, it happened in a different sequence.

I wrote initially "Pls send me your PayPal address, for payment".
Then he came back saying "Sorry to ask but do you have any idea of the postage costs to Greece?"

I thought 'wtf is he talking abt'...
Then I write to him in a nice manner explaining that Int'l Tracked & Signed should probably be at least £15 for this size of package and that he can easily find such info anyhow from the RM website...

He comes back apologetic saying he had really omitted thinking abt international shipping costs (which is what I had anticipated).
Razor cost is a stretch for me so I had an extra reason not to push the situation.

Walking into other people's shoes is important - I learned this over the years.
Not a commonly seen handle over at TSR, so he may not necessarily be that of an experienced player (in trades/sales).

I am addicted and have done hundreds of trades since 2009, but when you see the other guy making a natural mistake all it takes is to alert him kindly.
Told him that after postage, fees and possibly a GBP to Eur conversion he'd be left with less than £80. "That's no good." I wrote to him.

He came back saying "I am sorry but if this does not sell in 3-4 days I will ship to you in the original price".
Then our good old Slapo came in...

All well now.
It is very gentlemanly on your part. Doesn't hurt no one and cosmic karma stays positive.
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
So the Yaqi Helmet & Katana heads are :

22/12/2020, 19:28ATHENS SORTING CENTERDISPATCH UNLOADED

Hopefully I could use them along with the Astra Planeta CK-6 and make a double review.

Come one guys, bring the heads to Randy! I hope the mailman won't use the new heads as he does usually with my soaps before giving them to me.
 

Dr Watson

James
After pix? Not worried about thermal shock splitting the tube?
Have you been trawling the archives? :D

Here's my follow up post:

Sorted this out today...

As you can see in the quoted post it was in quite a state when it arrived, there was heavy tarnish on the razor and case, ancient dried lather on the satin interior... The case was full of hairs and "crusty bits" of unknown origin.

DSC_0213-01.jpg


I stripped it all down, soaked and scrubbed the razor with Fairy liquid and warm water, blotted the satin with a Q-tip and some washing detergent and water mix which brought it up really nicely, unfortunately the old dried on splashes of soap lather had bleached it but it's not really noticeable now. For the velvet covered base I used some electrical tape wrapped inside out around two fingers (like you would to remove lint/hairs from clothing) and removed the debris, worked really well actually... I'd recommend using this method as it doesn't crush the velvet.

Gave the whole thing a damn good seeing to with Peek polish, only did it by hand, no electric gadgets here thank you. Looking much better now:

DSC_0216-01.jpg

DSC_0220-01.jpg

DSC_0218-01.jpg


Something I found interesting was the inscription on the base: "From Topsie" Not a name I've ever heard before but a little research shows it was a popular female name in the second half of the 19th century after the publication of anti-slavery novel "Uncle Tom's cabin." Apparently one of the characters is called Topsie, as a result the name enjoyed brief popularity in the Anglosphere.

PS. Serial number dates this set to 1922.
I was warned against using the boiling water and foil method for exactly the reason you mention, so I went with Peek (British Maas) and elbow grease.
 
Top