What are you waiting on to arrive - 2020

CobraX

Legendary Member
Ariana and Evans - Forbidden Fruit Soap + Splash
Ariana and Evans - L’Orange Verte Soap + Splash

A&E UK is having a 25% off sale on everything for a few days so fancied these two. I *think* I’m now done buying soaps for a good while :rolleyes:
No, you're not. I'll give it a couple of weeks max. 😜

I think I won't buy any A&E soaps for now because they're probably still selling the old stock which uses the "old" base. The only exception to this is Asian Pear which is guaranteed to have the slightly updated base. So I'm basically waiting for Asian Pear to become available from Maggard Razors.

TheChrisC

Legendary Member

I think I won't buy any A&E soaps for now because they're probably still selling the old stock which uses the "old" base. The only exception to this is Asian Pear which is guaranteed to have the slightly updated base. So I'm basically waiting for Asian Pear to become available from Maggard Razors.
Yeaaaaah probably 😂

I’m not too worried about the very latest base as I believe one he’s using on Asian Pear is a tweak of the ratios. I know he’s got a proper new reworking brewing that isn’t due until much later.

CobraX

Legendary Member
Yeaaaaah probably 😂

I’m not too worried about the very latest base as I believe one he’s using on Asian Pear is a tweak of the ratios. I know he’s got a proper new reworking brewing that isn’t due until much later.
That's correct, it's just a slightly updated base with the same ingredients but different ratios (so not the Kaizen base that will be released later this year). However, that was enough of an upgrade for Ruds to up the score from 96 to 99. Another example of what different ratios can do, is the Soft Heart series from Barrister and Mann. Soft Heart basically uses an earlier iteration of the Excelsior base (codename PP8) and that was enough for Ruds to up the score from 98 to 100. I'm not sure if I'd really notice the difference, but it's nice to have the newest A&E base.

TheChrisC

Legendary Member
That's correct, it's just a slightly updated base with the same ingredients but different ratios (so not the Kaizen base that will be released later this year). However, that was enough of an upgrade for Ruds to up the score from 96 to 99. Another example of what different ratios can do, is the Soft Heart series from Barrister and Mann. Soft Heart basically uses an earlier iteration of the Excelsior base (codename PP8) and that was enough for Ruds to up the score from 98 to 100. I'm not sure if I'd really notice the difference, but it's nice to have the newest A&E base.
I do agree and I think it’s gonna be really interesting where all this goes later in the year. I feel like Excelsior is losing ground to a lot of others.

CobraX

Legendary Member
I do agree and I think it’s gonna be really interesting where all this goes later in the year. I feel like Excelsior is losing ground to a lot of others.
Excelsior is still king for me together with the now technically previous A&E base. If there's a base that's losing ground for me, then it's the current Noble Otter base.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Still waiting on the Karve Aluminium that I ordered in November. A pain, as they were listed as "in stock", but I suppose this is their business model, get the orders first and then manufacture; would have welcomed more transparency on the wait time. Apparently they have rejected the top caps from their supplier and are awaiting a new batch due next week - we shall see.

RandySp

Forum GOD!

I believe there won't be much improvement. Stay with what you already have Cobra or get a damn Southern to see what the fuss is all about. You will be surprised. If I cant convince you maybe @TheChrisC can! Come on Chris!

RandySp

Forum GOD!
Excelsior is still king for me together with the now technically previous A&E base. If there's a base that's losing ground for me, then it's the current Noble Otter base.
I agree. I almost believe that A&E is slicker and better performer than the Excelsior. Declaration Icarus is also better from Excelsior for me but I don't like the animal smell 🐵🐔🐶🐷