Top Dogs

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
I don't have many razors but my best ones are

1. Rockwell 6C
2. Edwin Jagger DE89
3. Standard

The Ikon OC is a well made razor but too aggressive for me daily.

I'd love to try the ATT and Blackbird. There's a few great looking razors in the SOTD photos but I reckon they're well out of my price range.
 

iamsms

Video Assistant Referee
If I have to pick my top 10:
  1. Merkur 34C
  2. BlackBird SB
  3. Charcoal Goods Level 2
  4. OneBladeV2
  5. Rockwell 6S
  6. Sabre L1
  7. Wolfman 67 SB
  8. Paradigm Razor Ti-II
  9. REX
  10. Karve
I am thinking about selling the Oneblade to simplify life (one less kind of blade), and 2 other (maybe REX and Karve).
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
In no particular order:

1. King Cobra
2. Blackland Blackbird
3. Supply 2
4. Blackland Dart
5. Kai Captain Folding
6. Kai Excelia
7. General SS

I have an EJ89 and a birth year Black Beauty some where that I never use.

The KC, the Kai Excelia and the Blackbird are the only 3 I will never sell.

I'm on the cusp on putting the General onto BST. There is nothing wrong with it, just that preference at the moment is for slightly more aggressive razors.
 

MPH

Forum GOD!
Buying my Mongoose killed my RAD completely. I sold all safety razors except two. My total collection now stands as:

Mongoose
PILs
Feather as-d2

I've taken part in a few pass arounds, but I've not yet been tempted to add to these.... Especially at the prices most newer razors seem to fetch.
 

frost liam

Forum GOD!
i've a very sensitive skin, and a black beard (not a hard one). Depending of the day, i don't need the same razor, it's why at the moment i prefer the adjustable one,
The only exception is:
general or Ikon el jefe 2 with captain titan mild protouch MG => with this blade and 3 passes, close to a BBS and impossible to cut my skin

- Fatboy with gillette 7 o'clock yellow or gillette blue extra (at 2 or 3)
- gibbs 15 with triton R3 (at 2 at max, N if the beard is more than 2 days)
- schick M3 (at 7 or 8)

i've also a progress vintage, but as the agressivity is too big, it's not in my favorite (and merkur also, the copy of the gillette 1904)

I don't try since two years so many razor, but with the protouch MG, i found the perfect blade
 
I suppose mine top dogs tend to be what I have and use now really.

Blackbird SB (So good I have 2)
Timeless 0.95 OC
Guerilla SB (for daily shaving)
Wolfman (for a treat)
ATT H2 (for heavy growth)
Weber PH (SS 34C pretty much)
PILS (Just brilliant)
 

TobyC

Patriot
In no particular order;

Piccolo
Gillette OLD type
Gillette New LC
Gillette pre-war Tech
1912
MMOC
Shovelhead square comb

But 9 is better than seven, so I would add;

Pearl with a Gillette OLD cap
Star DE


I've been intrigued by the 3-6-9 thing, so 7 just wouldn't do! :p: :D
 

OJ82

Forum GOD!
My top and only razors:)
In this order:
- BBS-1
- RS-10
- Wolfman SB 0.67
- Blackbird SB
- OneBlade
 
Last edited:

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
It's the only SE I've got, and I don't realy feel any hunger for any other SE out there....
For me its a great razor!
Only SE I used was Supply Razor. Which I enjoyed at first but just didn’t shave close enough. I also think you can’t beat shaving with a DE Razor. Seen the one blade is £300! Apart from build is there much difference with the cheaper one?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

OJ82

Forum GOD!
Only SE I used was Supply Razor. Which I enjoyed at first but just didn’t shave close enough. I also think you can’t beat shaving with a DE Razor. Seen the one blade is £300! Apart from build is there much difference with the cheaper one?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the v1 OneBlade, and I would not pay the price for the v2.
It's good, but I can't say much about other SE's, since one blade is the only SE I have tried:shy:
But I think that there is as good SE's if not better than the OneBlade, at better price:wink:
 
Top