Top Dogs

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Only SE I used was Supply Razor. Which I enjoyed at first but just didn’t shave close enough. I also think you can’t beat shaving with a DE Razor. Seen the one blade is £300! Apart from build is there much difference with the cheaper one?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the Core and have tried the original V1 stainless, similar fool proof shaves - not a patch on the SS General, for example. Even my newly acquired Schick O Clone destroys it...

Was the Supply the V1?
 

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
The Supply was version 2, it looks a beauty but ultimately after a few months I was disappointed with it. I shave every few days, I’m really enjoying my Timeless, but I couldn’t shave daily with it so looking forward to trying the Karve.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
The Supply was version 2, it looks a beauty but ultimately after a few months I was disappointed with it. I shave every few days, I’m really enjoying my Timeless, but I couldn’t shave daily with it so looking forward to trying the Karve.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very odd that, the Supply V2 I find VERY efficient and is in my top 7. Funny old game this...
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!


If the house was on fire, I’d grab the Blue Tip Rocket, the Hybrid Tech, the Aristocrat #22, the MicroMatic Flying Wing and the I2 Hydro-magic to shove in my pockets.

Fundamentally, the Wolfman 0.67 didn’t shave me any better than my Hybrid Tech. I favour my #22 over the Timelesses and Paradigm that I’ve borrowed. I prefer my MicroMatic to both Sabre plates - in looks, in shave, and in soul. The Supply isn’t in the same league as my favoured vintage Schicks. The Blackbird offers something very different and the Mongoose (first two batches) is still the best safety razor that’s been made for the ‘Artist Club’ style of blade. Actually, those two are the only razors that have really changed the shaving experience in recent years which partly explains why I keep using them.

Based on these experiences, I’m not interested in the vast majority of modern offerings. I’ll keep an eye out for innovations - the Blackland AC looks interesting - but I’m comfortably free of the new and expensive must be better illusion. I’m also very thankful that I’ve been able to use and own several scores of vintage safety razors so as to really narrow down on my preferences. For anyone who’s exclusively used modern razors - you really have missed out. Today I used a Tech married to a UFO stainless handle for two-and-a-touch-up passes on nearly five days’ worth of beard growth - with a shave that couldn’t be more comfortable and a result that couldn’t be closer. That’s pretty telling.
 
Last edited:

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I now have 66 DE razors, 38 SEs, and some straights; some new, some vintage, almost all get used (except Ikon Tech and that Futur thing). The only razor I've sold was a leather-boxed Star wedge blade 7-day set (photo attached, for old times sake), and I wish I hadn't. However, if I had to choose some current favourites or "keepers", they are:-

- Timeless (2 handles, 3 baseplates, 2 top caps, which I count as one)
- Standard
- Pils
- long-handle Digress
- Rockwell 6S first Kickstarter (replacement model)
- Blackland Dart
- Supply V1
- the Generals (brass, aluminium and stainless-must have the full set)
- ATT slant (SB and OC)

In the vintage department:-
- Shick Krona DE
- Black Beauty
- any of PAL or Schick SEs

It's a Judgement of Solomon, so rather than cut the baby in half (or any fraction), I'll keep it whole and award it to myself.
 

Attachments

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
All I know is that I joined the forum late last year owning one DE and two soap/creams.......now 7 razors and 16 soaps/creams; more products than Boots and a beautiful dopp bag ( thanks @Sid James )!
Good going. As they say, "Down the Rabbit Hole", and welcome to the world of screwy shaving economics.
 
Top