TOBS Royal Forest

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Ok scrap my first comment, i have it lying on my desk and have been going to and fro. So definitely orange or satsuma, grapefruit, lemon. These are all sharp and not sweetened candy, nice and sour, it actually hits the back of the throat. Lovely. All the above are sitting on a bed of something I can't put my finger on, it's a different and pungent offering from TOBS. Definitely one of their better scent profiles to my nose, but I still prefer Eton and grapefruit over this, but once again I haven't had the pleasure of lathering this cream as yet.

@RandySp we were given these to test on the forum so will be sending the tubs out for a pass around. This thread is yet to be organised, hopefully later today.
Put a cream on my up the chimney Santa List. Hope I will not be tooooo disappointed now with its lack of resemblance to Aventus. :D . IF Santa delivers of course.,
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Ok final decision, from the tub; freshly squeezed orange juice. That is real oranges freshly squeezed with bits, not in a carton, in a glass, fresh from the presser. You get my drift. The orange is the strongest note, borderline dominating everything else. Hopefully it is subdued once lathered.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I haven't been held ransom at TOBS but a complete u turn when lathered.

The sharp citrus settles as with a cologne. This reminds me of a Boss Orange fragrance I had. Apple does come through, jasmine is very light to my nose, as is the black pepper. Berries play against bergamont, which in turn sits on an oceanic amber bed. Deep profile where the flavours marry as opposed to 'shouting individually'. I would prefer less orange and more jasmine.

One thing to note, one of the slickest TOBS I've used. Very nice. I also like the colour choice on the label. Very regal.
 

DamianJ

Forum GOD!
Sounds good Nishy, I've recently revisited TOBS again and been very pleased and this scent sounds promising.
 
Top