The One Soap One Month Challenge!

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Man you guys talking about Eufros, makes me want to go back to me ATG LE. I gave my tub of Tobacco and Fougere away to two of my friends (to appreciate wet shaving) I should have another tub of fougere in my stock though.


Yardley is performing well. I enjoy the masculine yet crisp fragrance. It isn't overly musky or heavy. IMO slickness is the only aspect that could be improved. It doesn't lack cushion or post shave goodness. A good soap, Tabac and Old Spice are better performers IMO.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Shave #5 of the month with the Eufros Ylang Ylang. Back to using the Timeless, this time with the .68 solid guard baseplate equipped and a Gillette Silver Blue that I was shaving with for the second time. This was by far and away my most enjoyable shave of the month so far. Three passes and an almost symbiotic relationship between soap, razor and blade!
Lann the titanium 0.95 would be ideal for you.
 

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Not so much a one soap as a one soap, one razor and one brush month. Trying them all out for one month to get a proper hang on them all. Only variables are blades (currently a NOS Wilkie) and a/s........
View attachment 18437
Well this month is going well, shaving about 3 times per week. Still loving the Rowl !! The Oriental Plum soap is a great performer and the scent is lovely.
The wilkie is still shaving well and showing no signs of giving up yet.......
But the surprise is the TR-1 this razor is a fantastic performer, much better than I remember. 2 passes gives a very good shave with no irritation. Sort of like the Guerrilla on steroids. I am enjoying my time with this set up and have decided what is up next month..........
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Well this month is going well, shaving about 3 times per week. Still loving the Rowl !! The Oriental Plum soap is a great performer and the scent is lovely.
The wilkie is still shaving well and showing no signs of giving up yet.......
But the surprise is the TR-1 this razor is a fantastic performer, much better than I remember. 2 passes gives a very good shave with no irritation. Sort of like the Guerrilla on steroids. I am enjoying my time with this set up and have decided what is up next month..........
What is next months choice?
 

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Vintage Simpsons Chubby 2, BBS-1 razor and Stirling Soap Co Hot Apple Cider...........blades think I will stay with the wilkies.......may even use the matching balm as well !!

The Rowl is getting a rest......sorry @Rowlers
 

missingskin

Forum GOD!
Well I have decided to retire the TR-1 and the Rowl early. The Rowl has been in use since I got it, the brush is perfect for me in every way but I don't want to wear it out do I :giggle:
The purpose of using the TR-1 for an extended time was to see if the razor was a keeper or not. After 3 weeks use I can say it's staying, it is a cracking razor managing to be (for me) a efficient razor that is easy to get good results from even in daily use. This is what a good razor should be, top marks to the designer !!
The soap is staying for another week....
The razor for the next week is an Aristocrat #15 and a Vintage Simpsons Chubby 2.
Blade is still the Wilkie, but I have a NOS Eversharp to keep the British blade theme going..........:okay:
 

HMan

Forum GOD!
Having realativly few funds for shaving, this is what I have done pretty much naturally. I started with Proraso red, and also tried their others. Then the local Finnish brand Razor Master, from there to Haslinger, eventually mixing the the latter two to make my own Frankensoap.

Now I’m throughly sold on Tallow and Steel and have been really happy just using their West Indies soap.

Soap is enough of a skill that I don’t see the point in not sticking with one in any case. It’s part of the joy dialing that in and skipping around would be a distraction for me.
 

Gordy

Legendary Member
Having realativly few funds for shaving, this is what I have done pretty much naturally. I started with Proraso red, and also tried their others. Then the local Finnish brand Razor Master, from there to Haslinger, eventually mixing the the latter two to make my own Frankensoap.

Now I’m throughly sold on Tallow and Steel and have been really happy just using their West Indies soap.

Soap is enough of a skill that I don’t see the point in not sticking with one in any case. It’s part of the joy dialing that in and skipping around would be a distraction for me.
The joy of shaving for me is in the changes and soap is a big part of that. Tallow & Steel are fantastic, I'm a big fan of North American soaps generally. Razor Master, I have Uula and it's a fantastic soap.
 
Top