Tea ... who likes it?

saj

Über Member
been enjoying chai (indian tea) recently

i find cinnamon sticks to be better then the powder

i dont know how to make the kashmiri (pink) tea ive seen some vids online but havent tried as im sure i'll mess it up but i love this tea, something about it, not sure if its the colour silly as it sounds....

btw which tea bags do you guys use?

slapo

It's... alive!
Anyone tried Lapsang Souchong tea? I find it interesting. It reminds me of Latakia pipe tobacco.
I haven't tried it, but your description and that on Wikipedia makes it sound interesting.
Does it really taste like tobbaco, or is there more nuance to it?

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I haven't tried it, but your description and that on Wikipedia makes it sound interesting.
Does it really taste like tobbaco, or is there more nuance to it?
Not like tobacco, just a smoky flavor. I think pine or pine needles are used to smoke this tea type.

Wickham-Soap-Co

Happy Shaving!
The last couple of days, I’ve been buying and trying loose tea.

There is a real standout tea of quality from Ahmad Tea worth sharing. Their English Tea No. 1 is a blend of Sri Lanka, Assam, Kenya black teas with a slight touch of bergamot. It’s really nice, and not as strong or fragrant as Earl Grey.

I’ve also started to fill up the thermos flask, 1.2lt with 3 tea spoons of loose tea, this makes enough tea for myself for the day. Adding milk to the cup not the flask. The tea pot cools too quickly and the thermos works much better. It also saves a bit of money with boiling the kettle less frequently.

saj

Über Member
The last couple of days, I’ve been buying and trying loose tea.

There is a real standout tea of quality from Ahmad Tea worth sharing. Their English Tea No. 1 is a blend of Sri Lanka, Assam, Kenya black teas with a slight touch of bergamot. It’s really nice, and not as strong or fragrant as Earl Grey.

I’ve also started to fill up the thermos flask, 1.2lt with 3 tea spoons of loose tea, this makes enough tea for myself for the day. Adding milk to the cup not the flask. The tea pot cools too quickly and the thermos works much better. It also saves a bit of money with boiling the kettle less frequently.
I think I've got the cardamon tea, could be wrong will double check but whatever brand it is it's nice

saj

Über Member
@Wickham-Soap-Co hey double checked yea it's the Ahmed tea the cardamon but thing I don't like is that the tea bags are stapled together (look at pics)

Usually put cardamom in the tea hence why I thought I'd grab these for the Indian tea we make but due to that staple I haven't used it in Indian tea as not sure if you can pop that into the saucepan on the stove?

See pic you'll see what I mean

IMG_20230114_202855.jpg

IMG_20230114_202628.jpg

IMG_20230114_203221.jpg

Wickham-Soap-Co

Happy Shaving!
@Wickham-Soap-Co hey double checked yea it's the Ahmed tea the cardamon but thing I don't like is that the tea bags are stapled together (look at pics)

Usually put cardamom in the tea hence why I thought I'd grab these for the Indian tea we make but due to that staple I haven't used it in Indian tea as not sure if you can pop that into the saucepan on the stove?

See pic you'll see what I mean

View attachment 127207
View attachment 127208
View attachment 127209
I would think it’s safe to use with the staple in the bag. I have seen this with other brands and say it’s a tried and tested method of attaching the string and sealing the bag. Though it’s normally dropped in a cup with the tag hanging over the edge so you can recover the bag, don’t know about a saucepan. If I was to put it in the pan though, I’d take the paper tag off the string and throw the whole bag and string in. You could recover them easily with a slotted spoon or through a sieve/colander/tea strainer.

You could try ripping a bag open, empty the contents into your tea and strain the parts out afterwards. Or if you have a tea/herb infusion ball, you could transfer the contents in the bag to the ball and drop this into your saucepan.