SOTD Saturday February 22 - Friday February 28 2025

Ron191

Forum GOD!
20250223_133043.jpg


Merkur 1904 razor
Astra superior stainless blade
Van der Hagen deluxe badger brush
Arko shaving soap
Jade East aftershave

Prep:
Crew cut with Wahi clippers and a No. 2 plate (1/4")
Hot shower with Tommy Bahama 3 in 1 wash

I usually avoid haircuts in the winter. It feels like an invitation to colds but we are having a warm spell so I chanced it. The advantage of doing it at home is I can hit the shower instead of having the cut hair irritate all day.

Haircut out of the way and hot shower cleaning everything up I proceeded to whip up a slick dense lather with the Arko. Two full passes and a little buffing on the trouble spots and it was time to visit the exotic East. I'm now ready to tackle the adventures of the week.
 

LazarosTZ

Forum GOD!
#SOTD
1000016790-01.jpeg
1000016791-01.jpeg
1000016792-01.jpeg

•𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐤𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝟓𝟎𝟎 - 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
•𝐘𝐚𝐪𝐢 𝐀𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢 𝐒𝐒 - 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬
•𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝟐𝟗𝐦𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐫
•𝐆𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐮𝐥𝐭 "𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐢𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭"​
 

Ram57

Forum GOD!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20250223_151059 (2).jpg


Razor: 1958 Gillette Super Speed T.V. Special
Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow (1)
Brush: Shavemac 82 handle Synthetic 31mm
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: 3P
Shave Soap: Chiseled Face Cryogen
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Cryogen
​
 

Tonyschin

Pogonotomist
24/02/25
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Commodore X1 Best Badger
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Lambda Athena
Blade - Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Proraso Red
A/S - Proraso Red
Wk 09 (3).jpg

Well now, this Polsilver is really impressing me, 4 really smooth shaves and i will take it for another run later in the week.
It had to be my early (poor) technique. I am glad i have given them another go.
Enjoy your day all.
 

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Mon 24th February

Aleppo soap - Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Schick O “ Clone “
Schick S/S Twin- Japan ( 7 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Not sure that the blade in this Razor has been hanging around without use for too long, as performance was mediocre.Smooth enough but did not deliver the usual finish that I would expect from this. O “Clone “.

IMG_1302.jpeg
 
Top