SOTD Saturday 06 April 2019 - Friday 12 April 2019

SpeedyPC

The Dark Lord of Wet Shaving
Date:- 12 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ Fougère Bouquet Special Edition
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell R4 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #15
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed with Tea Tree, Lavender & Peppermint / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss Intense
 

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Rockwell Model T & Gillette Spoiler SS
Yaqi 28mm Barber Pole
Stirling Sandalwood
Humphreys Alcoholado Maravilla
Proraso Red Sandalo a/s Locion
Tuscany per Uomo by Aramis (Gentleman’s Collection)
0D97B6AE-EAA2-4511-9C7C-66056F57FE10.jpeg

It delivered, again. Nothing else to report other than it has been a real joy to use so far. A delightful evening and great shaves to all...
​
 

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
SOTD Thursday 11th April 2019
Pre: Shower , CeraVe face wash
Soap: Stirling Haverford
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia synthetic
Razor: Rockwell 6C (4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6)
Post: Warm and cold water rinse, Boots Tea Tree & witch hazel
AS: Stirling Island man balm

A fantastic shave today. After my mail call from Top Of The Chain, I've been using my newly acquired soaps and balms over the past few days.​
The scent on Haverford is stunning, I think it very closely resembles the Tom Ford it is based on. Unfortunately I didn't buy the matching balm (I'll be buying this in the near future) so went with the island man (as is not used it yet). The scent on this is of summer holidays - coconut, lime - my wife said it smells like a cocktail. The more I use Stirling products, the more I like them! Face is feeling soft, smooth and smelling great. Have a fine afternoon gents

​
Excellent write up my friend, thoroughly enjoyed the read and font. Agree 100 percent on Stirling products! Try the Electric Sheep, the performance alone will shock you. Pun intended :okay:
 

TomG

Forum GOD!


Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: NOS London Bridge (2)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Penhaligon's Castile

First use of the Calani Oriental Plum soap. A beautiful scent - sweet fruit balanced with spicy tobacco. I now understand why this scent is revered by many shavers.
The lather was also excellent - easy to build, persistent, and lovely cushioning and glide.
Three passes for a DFS+, and I'm grinning :D.
 
Top