Completed Soapy Science group buy

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
Any ideas about the closing date? @Mr_Smartepants
Not really. Since everyone is going to order direct from the Soapy Science website, I guess Jason can set the start/expiration dates for the special code and people can start ordering straight away. Once ordered, post here and I'll update the "master" list. Once the list is finished, then Jason can box everything up and send it.

What about people who don't live in the U.K. but are still interested in participating? And (I guess this question goes to @Mr_Smartepants as well) is there any way to ballpark the total shipping costs door to door? (I live in Germany, but as far as I can see there are several members from other European countries here in this thread, so maybe a few examples, if possible?) Sorry for the bother, I hope that's not too complicated.
Well, to estimate shipping costs to the rest of the EU you'll need to use the Royal Mail website here: https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder
Each tub is 5 oz (or ~150gm), so figure 200 gm for each tub as shipping weight (just to be safe).
According to the online calculator, shipping one tub to Germany via "International Economy" would cost £4.20. Two tubs to Germany would cost £6.10.
ACTUAL costs may vary since the postage is charged based on the actual weight of the package. Jason said that he'll include bubble-bags which are pretty damn light. If a user wants additional postal services (like tracking or extra padding), that will increase the costs. I'm open to accommodating each user's individual needs...at their own cost.

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
I would like to be put down for 1 jar of Hanalei
Gotcha buddy!

1. @Mr_Smartepants (1x Lollipop Citrus, 1x Rosa Pura)
2. @Nishy (1x Rosa Pura)
3. @Holyzeus (1x Hanalei or Mint Mint, 1x Doc’s)
4. @N_Architect (1x Doc’s)
5. @halvor (1x Rosa Pura)
6. @Mr Bigmem (1x Rosa Pura)
7. @p.b (1x Rosa Pura and 1x Hanalei)
8. @Sid James (2 x Rosa Pura)
9. @struttura.originaria (3x Rosa Pura)
10. @pimple8 (1 x Doc's)
11. @Salv (1x Rose Pura)
12. @bozz4fun (1x Lollipop Citrus, 1x Rosa Pura)
13. @The Gentleman (1 x Doc's)
14. @jeepie (1 x Doc's; 1x Hanalei or Mint Mint)
15. @Optometrist (1x Rosa Pura)
16. @Memhis (1x Rosa Pura)
17. @shavefan (1x Unscented)
18. @Oasisdave (1x Hanalei)

so here is what I propose on my end - please don't anyone take action until Erik agrees that this is a good plan:

1) people who are part of this group buy will have from today June 2 at 6pm EST through June 17 to place their order (this allows time for our labels to arrive on the new soaps and also time for folks to get in on the group buy who may be waiting for their next pay period, etc.)

2) Group Buy participants will use the codes published below to receive the below offer:

ATGSHAVING2018DEAL = 10% off your entire order

3) Please keep in mind that labels are scheduled to arrive to us for Rosa Pura and Hanalei by June 12th at the latest -- IF these labels show up and are as ordered, then all will be well (this should be the case - our vendor is awesome!) IF they show up and have errors, that will create a small delay for label replacement

4) Group Buy participants from anywhere outside of the United States should enter Soapy Science's US address when checking out for this to all work correctly.

That address should be entered exactly as follows:

Your Name (please enter your actual name)

street - 9803 Greenwood Circle

City - Wise

State - VA (Virginia)

Zip/Postal Code - 24293

**This address is an address that I receive mail at sometimes at a family home in Virginia**

shipping is $1.99 for orders under $40 and free for orders over $40 - we are still going to honor that. : )

5) Erik will receive a couple of larger parcels/ boxes from me with a note on each bubble mailer with your name on it

6) Group Buy participants will provide their address to Erik in order for him to ship your soaps to you - participants agree to pay all actual costs of shipping to Erik as we do not want him to be out of pocket for doing this kind gesture for the group!

7) The buy will close on 06/17 and the shipment will head Erik's way early the following week.

I hope the above seems fair and makes sense - if not, Erik and/or others - please let me know.

Please do not share the above code on any other shaving forums.

Thanks,

JB & HB

Last edited:
Here is what I had to do - please bear with me

Group Buy promo codes are as follows:

1 soap - ATGSHAVING2018ONE
2 soaps - ATGSHAVING2018TWO
3 soaps - ATGSHAVING2018THREE
4 soaps - ATGSHAVING2018FOUR

Looks like our hosting site will not allow one code that applies to what we were trying to do.

please enter the code that corresponds with the # of soaps you are ordering and you will be good to go! These codes above in this post are now the ONLY codes that work.