Silver Birch Brushes

Steven_jagger

Forum GOD!
This is a piece of olive wood that i picked up and tried something a bit different shape wise but finds in your hand quite well, this was going to be my holiday brush but ran out of time before going away, shown with 26mm 2 band and silvertip

20180725_180306.jpg
20180725_180253.jpg
20180725_180230.jpg
20180725_180223.jpg
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
That looks beautiful! Though I do love some of the spatter wood grains too.

What did you pour the resin in to make the blank?

I assume you poured separate colours in but did not mix
Have you tried clear coat resin on a wooden turned handle?
 

Steven_jagger

Forum GOD!
That looks beautiful! Though I do love some of the spatter wood grains too.

What did you pour the resin in to make the blank?

I assume you poured separate colours in but did not mix
Have you tried clear coat resin on a wooden turned handle?
Thanks, the resin was poured into a 2" cylinder and then added a base colour and mixed it then added the next 2 colours, unfortunately the white disappeared, all my wooden handles are covered in 3 layers of a plastic coating to protect them, I would like to do a hybrid wood burl resin handle at some stage.
 

Steven_jagger

Forum GOD!
@Steven_jagger have you ever turned a lathering bowl?
I imagine you could ridge the bottom and give it an epoxy coating.

Could be a thing of beauty
I have a couple of bowl blanks that i have thought about trying to put a spiral pattern into to help with building up lather, maybe someday as there is a lot of time that has to go into them.
 
Top