Steven_jagger
Forum GOD!
Local Irish yew with a birth year coin and a boar knot fitted
Happy to be the 1st SBB customerThis is Shaun's walnut whip 26mm tuxedo and birth year coin, the 1st brush I made for someone else
View attachment 33307 View attachment 33308 View attachment 33309 View attachment 33310 View attachment 33311

That local Irsh Yew with birth year coin attached must have been made for someone with considerable taste, what a lovely brush!Local Irish yew with a birth year coin and a boar knot fitted
View attachment 33336 View attachment 33337 View attachment 33338 View attachment 33339
P.Thank you, it turned out pretty good apart from the couple of black spots, need to finish it off and see how it looks when coated.Cracking work there, sir!![]()
Thanks, the resin was poured into a 2" cylinder and then added a base colour and mixed it then added the next 2 colours, unfortunately the white disappeared, all my wooden handles are covered in 3 layers of a plastic coating to protect them, I would like to do a hybrid wood burl resin handle at some stage.That looks beautiful! Though I do love some of the spatter wood grains too.
What did you pour the resin in to make the blank?
I assume you poured separate colours in but did not mix
Have you tried clear coat resin on a wooden turned handle?
I have a couple of bowl blanks that i have thought about trying to put a spiral pattern into to help with building up lather, maybe someday as there is a lot of time that has to go into them.@Steven_jagger have you ever turned a lathering bowl?
I imagine you could ridge the bottom and give it an epoxy coating.
Could be a thing of beauty