Shavemac synthetic brush

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Relax your eyes chaps nothing as yet, the mechanism is much much better, still needs a few tweaks but definitely in the right direction. As always it won't be a limited run and I will let everyone know of the brush when it's ready. Stress is not something that is needed when purchasing/following a brush :)

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
@Nishy could you do me a big favour and verify with Bernd if:

1. If this synthetic he's shared and will be selling is hand tied?
2. If it is hand tied if he is hand tying them himself?
3. If it is hand tied and it is not tied by him, is it arriving tied by the manufacturer?

They seem like cross over questions but i'm trying to test my hypothesis and wanna see what he says.

Thanks

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
@Nishy could you do me a big favour and verify with Bernd if:

1. If this synthetic he's shared and will be selling is hand tied?
2. If it is hand tied if he is hand tying them himself?
3. If it is hand tied and it is not tied by him, is it arriving tied by the manufacturer?

They seem like cross over questions but i'm trying to test my hypothesis and wanna see what he says.

Thanks
Will do my friend

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Thanks Nish, i'm compiling my pics and writing up notes everyday lol. Making my way to comparing it to the Shavemac 2band you sent and 2 other badgers i've acquired in the last 2 weeks
Sounds great Mem, the badger knot I sent is quite nice, my only quibble is that it doesn't hold enough product plus water in the knot, so I tend to add more water to the tips as I complete passes. I find the opposite with the Shavemac synthetic. I also feel badger hair to be thicker than synthetic.

My brush arrived today. So only one use. I still don't know what words I could use. I'm not impressed at all both for the perfomance and quality of the knot (very cheap in my opinion). I'll think of a partial review later this day. Pictures will be posted as well.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
My brush arrived today. I still don't know what words I could use. I'm not impressed at all both for the perfomance and quality of the knot (very cheap in my opinion). I'll think of a partial review later this day. Pictures will be posted as well.
That is not good

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
My brush arrived today. So only one use. I still don't know what words I could use. I'm not impressed at all both for the perfomance and quality of the knot (very cheap in my opinion). I'll think of a partial review later this day. Pictures will be posted as well.
Can I ask what your Synthetic of choice is at the moment.

I'll write and answer later, guys, sorry. I'm a bit nervous (I don’t wanna influence my review) because I was in a No-buy-2019, and I feel I threw money in the toilet.
I just say that my all time favourite is my own Epsilon which has a proper bulb knot (made to measure by Giftsandcare).

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I'll write and answer later, guys, sorry. I'm a bit nervous (I don’t wanna influence my review) because I was in a No-buy-2019, and I feel I threw money in the toilet.
I just say that my all time favourite is my own Epsilon which has a proper bulb knot (made to measure by Giftsandcare).
Badger or Synthetic? Sorry to ask