Shampoo bars, which one is the best?

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Was that a version without EDTA, by any chance?
I've just looked on my Dalan multi pack and in the ingredients list none of these are listed......Edetate Sodium, Terasodium Edeate, Tetrasodium Salt, or TEA - EDTA.
So I'm guessing it is safe to use. P.

pearse85

Forum GOD!
I currently suffer from very dry patches on my scalp, these get red and flakey, i was wondering could you recommend a shampoo bar to try? Dr has prescribed oilatum shampoo but it just seems to be stripping my hair so id like to try a more natural approach.
Had a look over the entire thread and the funky soap seems good so ive dropped them a msg also asking which they would recommend.

slapo

It's... alive!
I currently suffer from very dry patches on my scalp, these get red and flakey, i was wondering could you recommend a shampoo bar to try? Dr has prescribed oilatum shampoo but it just seems to be stripping my hair so id like to try a more natural approach.
Had a look over the entire thread and the funky soap seems good so ive dropped them a msg also asking which they would recommend.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N32WQ2C/ (not a bar, but could help nonetheless).

Avoid using any stuff with a sodium salt of EDTA (you should see it on the label).
They started adding it to my previous go-to, so I'm looking for a new bar myself again.

You could also go no-poo for a while and use baking soda with a few drops of an essential oil.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
I get similar issues!
I stopped using hair gel, and moved onto water based pomade (Osmo Elite, currently) and only use shampoo bars. Only occasionally do I get a "spot" in my scalp and it usually coincides with the odd occasion that I've used a shower gel etc to wash my hair.

The funky soaps a superb, Anni is very responsive so I'm sure she will get back to you with a recommendation. I just found to disappear very quickly...
Another one I was really impressed with ws the African black seed soap bar. It is black, and the soap suds are black, but in found it left both my hair, scalp and skin feeling great.

pearse85

Forum GOD!
Just away from a haircut at the barbers earlier and there is a few “spots”.
Will defo buy one of the shampoo bars to try, anni recommended the nettle and marshmallow root to try first.

junipertar

Forum GOD!
Seborrheic Dermatitis. Quit using poo, wash your hair with sodium bicarbonate.