Shampoo bars, which one is the best?

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Just taken delivery of these:

They smell fantastic. Anyone care to comment on the ingredient list?

Cheesepiece

Gold Member No. 8
I'm on the funkysoaps. Coffee and something being the first of four I'll be trying. 4/5 days done and hair is not at all greasy. I'm enjoying the change and the altogether absent plastic component is really quite refreshing. I can't see this not taking off, at least in my bathroom. I'm not through the transition period yet but I can't see a way back to bottled liquid soap.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
So in general how is everyone getting on after using Funky Soap for a while. Reading through this and their website I see there being a few downsides with residue. Anyone experienced this ?

I really couldn’t be bothered with using a vinegar rinse. That I am sure would leave an after smell. Our American friend uses vinegar in her washing mach8ne along with detergent, that leaves an after smell.

slapo

Forum GOD!
So in general how is everyone getting on after using Funky Soap for a while. Reading through this and their website I see there being a few downsides with residue. Anyone experienced this ?

I really couldn’t be bothered with using a vinegar rinse. That I am sure would leave an after smell. Our American friend uses vinegar in her washing mach8ne along with detergent, that leaves an after smell.
You don't really need a vinegar/acid rinse. At least I don't think I do, but I don't have that much on top of my noggin anymore. If I were to do a rinse with something acidic, I'd probably go for a citric acid solution (~a teaspoon in a liter of water). I'd still rinse that off with water afterwards.

slapo

Forum GOD!
Just taken delivery of these:

They smell fantastic. Anyone care to comment on the ingredient list?
That's a whole lot of sweetener in there (sorbitol).
Titanium dioxide is there to make it and keep it whiter.
Tetrasodium Etidronate and Pentasodium Pentetate are there to keep it looking nice for the most part (possibly to prevent benzene formation). My skin doesn't get on with them.
I think the rest are there from saponification.

Cheesepiece

Gold Member No. 8

I'm not seeing any unwanted side effects. Haven't noticed any residue either. I do use a hair styling product daily and the funkysoap has had no issues dealing with it. I'd say my hair feels different when wet and having rinsed out the lather but once dried I notice no difference whatsoever. I have no complaints.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I went back to liquid shampoo from soap. I just find it more practical and shampoo soap hadn’t improved my hair or scalp. I did a twice-weekly diluted ACV rinse.

My concession to environmentalism is that I’ve gone towards ‘caring’ brands that sell in large bottles, like Faith in Nature.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Would love to see your feedback on Stirling's shampoo bars.
I've only used Tea Tree bars and have done so for the best part of a year. Love the scent and chose for skin care properties, as well as it being essential oil. I try to avoid FO in soaps as much as possible.
Only a few strokes over the hair are required and a creamy lather is produced. Scent as said is pleasurable and not overly strong. Fades after rinsing.
I have a greasy skin/hair and works a treat.
Can't imagine using anything else now.