vates
Legendary Member
Very nice!Got my Yaqi from Aliexpress. Looks nice but I have so many brushes now I just gave it straight to the missus to use as her foundation brush.
View attachment 77534
Are you sure it's actually a Yaqi though?
Very nice!Got my Yaqi from Aliexpress. Looks nice but I have so many brushes now I just gave it straight to the missus to use as her foundation brush.
View attachment 77534
No it's a DS Cosmetics. Are they as good on face powder?Very nice!
Are you sure it's actually a Yaqi though?
+1Ok so they are 26mm , 28mm and 30mm Synbads , this is my favourite Knot and is rapidly replacing everything else.
Aside from the DS Extra Soft which I rate as comparable, APShave Co knots are invariably better quality than buying direct. I suspect that with APShaveco knots you are paying for much stronger quality control against a far more rigid specification i.e. glue bump < 5mm+1
There is nothing, not even close to SynBad, imo. I fully agree with you – the best synth knot! I favour the 30mm size, then 28mm. Another one I like is SilkSmoke. Same silky soft tips, but much more backbone – excellent to work on hard / triple milled soaps.
I have 28mm 2BED, but because of the fan shape the bloom is huge. And fibres are … oh well, let’s say not as SynBad. They all come from China, but for some reason all Yaqi, DS, Maseto, FS, etc. are not the same as APShave Co knots.
LET'S PUT SOME LIKES HERE for this fine GENTLEMAN.