September 2020 Aquisitions

Martini

Forum GOD!
Ok so they are 26mm , 28mm and 30mm Synbads , this is my favourite Knot and is rapidly replacing everything else.
+1
There is nothing, not even close to SynBad, imo. I fully agree with you – the best synth knot! I favour the 30mm size, then 28mm. Another one I like is SilkSmoke. Same silky soft tips, but much more backbone – excellent to work on hard / triple milled soaps.

I have 28mm 2BED, but because of the fan shape the bloom is huge. And fibres are … oh well, let’s say not as SynBad. They all come from China, but for some reason all Yaqi, DS, Maseto, FS, etc. are not the same as APShave Co knots.
 

SeanC

Forum GOD!
+1
There is nothing, not even close to SynBad, imo. I fully agree with you – the best synth knot! I favour the 30mm size, then 28mm. Another one I like is SilkSmoke. Same silky soft tips, but much more backbone – excellent to work on hard / triple milled soaps.

I have 28mm 2BED, but because of the fan shape the bloom is huge. And fibres are … oh well, let’s say not as SynBad. They all come from China, but for some reason all Yaqi, DS, Maseto, FS, etc. are not the same as APShave Co knots.
Aside from the DS Extra Soft which I rate as comparable, APShave Co knots are invariably better quality than buying direct. I suspect that with APShaveco knots you are paying for much stronger quality control against a far more rigid specification i.e. glue bump < 5mm
 
D

Deleted member 1881

Guest
IMG_20200930_215852.jpg


Kings of shave, a special day for me, because the mailman brought some great stuff, after @zealshaver sent me. This gesture helped me a lot leave behind these difficult days I had & made me happy!!

Really grateful Andreas, thank you so much! :) LET'S PUT SOME LIKES HERE for this fine GENTLEMAN.

PS The SC soap smells wonderful! One of the best!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top