N_Architect
Travel, See, Feel, Explore
While your father-in-law may surely appreciate the Wars, my take on this is that you should first and foremost appreciate the time, effort and dedication of all those who organized the ATG SS 2020 as well as those who participated in it.
The comment you made re the Wars cream exhibits your dissatisfaction with this particular gift.
What you wrote is more or less the same thing as saying "wtf is that low quality thing, I was expecting more, I do not appreciate it."
Obviously the Wars + Wickham combo barely covered your expectations.
You may as well be technically right, the total value of the packet(s) may not strictly be above the min set limit for the ATG SS 2020.
But shiite happens, and you know it.
You probably know well that few years back we had a member over at the GR wet shaving forum who participated in the Secret Santa and his gift contribution was to ask a friend (???) go and drop off (???) outside the recipients' house a slightly used bottle of Proraso Eucalyptus afteshave lotion, in a plastic carrier bag (if memory serves me well). Yes, bad things happen in life - but they reflect those who do these things, not the recipient of the action.
May be the person who was randomly chosen to send you that ATG SS 2020 gift was indeed a bit tight (for whatever reason).
So to top up for the Wickham Soap sent to you, he may have asked a friend or family member in Poland to send you that Wars cream.
Yes, that shaving cream may possibly cost a couple of quid over there, in the local supermarket.
But coming over here, openly, to casually initiate a kind of fact-finding process, and moreover, again publicly addressing semi-hidden concerns to Lee, is quite disrespectful - let me tell you that.
And to make things worse you subsequently come and attach a picture of what Lee had sent you re the number of packages or whatever else.
You did not possess the slightest degree of discreetness to take this over with Lee via PM (and taking it via PM with him would already be too much).
Absolutely unacceptable.
I have been in forums since 2004, due to the lonely lifestyle I have had as an expat.
In wet shaving forums I have been intensively since late 2009.
Based on this experience, I find the style and quality of moderation in this forum to be truly exceptional and very hard to find elsewhere; and for this we can only thank the team as well as Lee.
This is not a comment to flatter the team, I believe it is realistically echoed by other members here.
Instead of keeping silent and enjoying your gifts and Christmas, you come over and ask questions by posting pictures, expecting answers from people who are not responsible to give you such answers.
All this during the Christmas holiday when all of us are trying to have some joyful moments, and after the hard efforts Lee put into this.
You have genuine intentions to explore this hobby further, but I honestly feel you must find a slightly different way in expressing your thirst to learn more.
So please contribute constructively.
I am very sorry for what I write, but this is how I feel.
A large number of members here I have known them 'online' for many years, have done numerous transactions and built solid trust with them; I have made my mistakes too in the process.
I did not participate in this year's ATG SS but as already said by others it is sad to see Lee expressing reluctance to potentially organize this again.



