Razorock Gamechanger

Benz3ne

Forum GOD!
Quick shave this morning with the GameChanger (0.84), Vitos Extra Cocco, BSSW Jade 'Chubby' style and a fresh Gillette Rubie blade.
Far, far less blade chatter than I've experienced before; resultantly a very quiet razor. Coped well with 3 or 4 days worth of fairly stiff stubble, but the test will be when I get closer to 1wk which is what I'm more used to these days.
Couple of very, very minor blood spots where I was a little trigger happy with the passes, but only because the exposure and clamping of the blade was such that I didn't really feel the blade a huge amount, so perhaps went a little overboard in a couple places.
Either way, I'm smooth and comfortable, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm sure with a bit of practice this will be a good razor to default to.
 

Dr Watson

James
Quick shave this morning with the GameChanger (0.84), Vitos Extra Cocco, BSSW Jade 'Chubby' style and a fresh Gillette Rubie blade.
Far, far less blade chatter than I've experienced before; resultantly a very quiet razor. Coped well with 3 or 4 days worth of fairly stiff stubble, but the test will be when I get closer to 1wk which is what I'm more used to these days.
Couple of very, very minor blood spots where I was a little trigger happy with the passes, but only because the exposure and clamping of the blade was such that I didn't really feel the blade a huge amount, so perhaps went a little overboard in a couple places.
Either way, I'm smooth and comfortable, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm sure with a bit of practice this will be a good razor to default to.
Result :thumbsup:
 

Paul L

Forum GOD!
I'm definitely in the minority, not seen any negatives from anyone else so just me being finicky no doubt. I have to be honest with myself, it may be a great design that will outlive me but I get better shaves (thus far) with A BIC disposal :(
You're not alone James

I too find that more work is needed to achieve a good finish with my Game Changer 0.84.
FIrst pass is always smooth, but subsequent passes can be a little rough, often acquiring weepers and some irritation.

Compared to my 6C on plate 3 or 4, i find it less smooth and not as efficient.
So far I've tried it with Silver Blues, RapIra and Astra SP.
Silver Blues being the smoothest, followed by Astra SP, and RapIra being quite uncomfortable (probably too sharp for my skin)

I really want this razor to be everything I thought it would be, having read so many glowing reviews about it.
I'll keep trying it with different blades until it lives up to the "hype"
 

Dr Watson

James
You're not alone James

I too find that more work is needed to achieve a good finish with my Game Changer 0.84.
FIrst pass is always smooth, but subsequent passes can be a little rough, often acquiring weepers and some irritation.

Compared to my 6C on plate 3 or 4, i find it less smooth and not as efficient.
So far I've tried it with Silver Blues, RapIra and Astra SP.
Silver Blues being the smoothest, followed by Astra SP, and RapIra being quite uncomfortable (probably too sharp for my skin)

I really want this razor to be everything I thought it would be, having read so many glowing reviews about it.
I'll keep trying it with different blades until it lives up to the "hype"
I gave up Paul, replaced the GC with an ATT which worked perfectly for me from the first shave. Super smooth, no irritation and better machining quality.
 

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!
You're not alone James

I too find that more work is needed to achieve a good finish with my Game Changer 0.84.
FIrst pass is always smooth, but subsequent passes can be a little rough, often acquiring weepers and some irritation.

Compared to my 6C on plate 3 or 4, i find it less smooth and not as efficient.
So far I've tried it with Silver Blues, RapIra and Astra SP.
Silver Blues being the smoothest, followed by Astra SP, and RapIra being quite uncomfortable (probably too sharp for my skin)

I really want this razor to be everything I thought it would be, having read so many glowing reviews about it.
I'll keep trying it with different blades until it lives up to the "hype"
Plate 3 and 4 on the Rockwell have a blade gap of .48 and .61 - it’s not a fair comparison - I know it’s not all about blade gap but you’re making a big jump from plate 3 and 4

Maybe the .68 would give you a better shave?
 

Dr Watson

James
Plate 3 and 4 on the Rockwell have a blade gap of .48 and .61 - it’s not a fair comparison - I know it’s not all about blade gap but you’re making a big jump from plate 3 and 4

Maybe the .68 would give you a better shave?
I think it's the lack of efficiency that's the real problem for us? I found it fairly smooth whilst shaving but leaves a trail of irritation and uncut stubble :(
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I’ve just acquired a GC .84 from the BST. Being a fan of mild razors and the .68 I was a bit trepidatious that it would be too aggressive, however despite having more blade feel than I’m used to it’s still smooth and by the second shave today I was getting confident with it and quite enjoyed the added efficiency. I’m going to like this one!
 

Dr Watson

James
You won’t want the 68 then mate
Lol! I'm not sure blade gap is the whole story, the ATT M1 I bought from Chris above has a .25 blade gap and does a far better job than the .84 ever did (for me.) If I were reading my experience as someone else's I would be instantly suspicious of their technique but I tried literally every angle possible from handle horizontal to handle vertical and everything in between over a two week period (daily shaver) it's a damn mystery :(
 
Last edited:

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Glad you like the M1. :) You’re right in that gap is only one factor, my perception is that ATT razors have greater exposure for a given blade gap.
 
Top