Razorock Gamechanger

Dr Watson

James
For me is a great razor very similar to Mamba 70. I get wonderful shaves in two passes.
I'm definitely in the minority, not seen any negatives from anyone else so just me being finicky no doubt. I have to be honest with myself, it may be a great design that will outlive me but I get better shaves (thus far) with A BIC disposal :(
 

Dr Watson

James
Okay, final evaluation having now used it for 2 weeks...

Fit is okay but finish is poor, exactly what you would expect from a stainless razor at this price point. RR call it "tool grade" which I think is accurate... In my case the (barberpole) handle has visibly poorer finishing than the head. In use I find this razor absolutely infuriating, any more than 2 passes gives me significant irritation which would perhaps be forgivable if it provided a DFS within those 2 passes but it does not, quite the opposite, my neck is still stubbly. Changing from sharp (Feather/Lab Blue) blades to dull (Timor/Treet) made no discernable difference to the razors efficiency, the only thing I felt was slightly more blade feel or drag with the duller blades.

I've had one acceptable shave in 2 weeks which is not good enough when as said previously in this thread I can get a BBS irritation free shave with a BIC disposable (or almost any other DE for that matter.) The "Gamechanger" (lol) has knocked the Muhle Rocca off my no.1 most intensely disliked DE spot.

I rate it a full 5 turds out of 5
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif
happens.gif.785a5c135e9ec27adf265d18872281b7.gif
It will be on the BST shortly!
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Okay, final evaluation having now used it for 2 weeks...

Fit is okay but finish is poor, exactly what you would expect from a stainless razor at this price point. RR call it "tool grade" which I think is accurate... In my case the (barberpole) handle has visibly poorer finishing than the head. In use I find this razor absolutely infuriating, any more than 2 passes gives me significant irritation which would perhaps be forgivable if it provided a DFS within those 2 passes but it does not, quite the opposite, my neck is still stubbly. Changing from sharp (Feather/Lab Blue) blades to dull (Timor/Treet) made no discernable difference to the razors efficiency, the only thing I felt was slightly more blade feel or drag with the duller blades.

I've had one acceptable shave in 2 weeks which is not good enough when as said previously in this thread I can get a BBS irritation free shave with a BIC disposable (or almost any other DE for that matter.) The "Gamechanger" (lol) has knocked the Muhle Rocca off my no.1 most intensely disliked DE spot.

I rate it a full 5 turds out of 5 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 It will be on the BST shortly!
So you like it then? :giggle::laugh:
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Okay, final evaluation having now used it for 2 weeks...

Fit is okay but finish is poor, exactly what you would expect from a stainless razor at this price point. RR call it "tool grade" which I think is accurate... In my case the (barberpole) handle has visibly poorer finishing than the head. In use I find this razor absolutely infuriating, any more than 2 passes gives me significant irritation which would perhaps be forgivable if it provided a DFS within those 2 passes but it does not, quite the opposite, my neck is still stubbly. Changing from sharp (Feather/Lab Blue) blades to dull (Timor/Treet) made no discernable difference to the razors efficiency, the only thing I felt was slightly more blade feel or drag with the duller blades.

I've had one acceptable shave in 2 weeks which is not good enough when as said previously in this thread I can get a BBS irritation free shave with a BIC disposable (or almost any other DE for that matter.) The "Gamechanger" (lol) has knocked the Muhle Rocca off my no.1 most intensely disliked DE spot.

I rate it a full 5 turds out of 5 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 It will be on the BST shortly!
This smacks of poor technique to me. Laffin!:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I felt the same about the Wolfman Guerrilla. I could have through it up the wall, extremely infuriating. :cursing:
 

MrK1

Forum GOD!
I had the same issue with the Pils. I knew from the 1st shave it wasn't going to work for me.

I can't work out how anyone can get a decent shave from it.
 
Last edited:

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Okay, final evaluation having now used it for 2 weeks...

Fit is okay but finish is poor, exactly what you would expect from a stainless razor at this price point. RR call it "tool grade" which I think is accurate... In my case the (barberpole) handle has visibly poorer finishing than the head. In use I find this razor absolutely infuriating, any more than 2 passes gives me significant irritation which would perhaps be forgivable if it provided a DFS within those 2 passes but it does not, quite the opposite, my neck is still stubbly. Changing from sharp (Feather/Lab Blue) blades to dull (Timor/Treet) made no discernable difference to the razors efficiency, the only thing I felt was slightly more blade feel or drag with the duller blades.

I've had one acceptable shave in 2 weeks which is not good enough when as said previously in this thread I can get a BBS irritation free shave with a BIC disposable (or almost any other DE for that matter.) The "Gamechanger" (lol) has knocked the Muhle Rocca off my no.1 most intensely disliked DE spot.

I rate it a full 5 turds out of 5 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 View attachment 50853 It will be on the BST shortly!

...feel the frustration, had a similar experience with Fatip OC Grande even though I find the Piccolo with an identical head is great; saying that I suspect not many Fatip heads come out the factory the same. If you want to give the 0.68 base plate a whirl let me know, this may suit you. I find both the .68 and .84 excellent shavers but of course that is no consolation :)
 

Dr Watson

James
...feel the frustration, had a similar experience with Fatip OC Grande even though I find the Piccolo with an identical head is great; saying that I suspect not many Fatip heads come out the factory the same. If you want to give the 0.68 base plate a whirl let me know, this may suit you. I find both the .68 and .84 excellent shavers but of course that is no consolation :)
Very kind of you to offer but I'll pass thanks, I think the head design is fundamentally incompatible with my face!
 

ronald

Senior Member
As if to reinforce the "YMMV" principle, I quite like using the 0.84 safety bar GC and I'm keen to see the reviews on the OC versions (both the regular OC and the more aggressive Jaws OC) because as crazy as it sounds, I'd like something more efficient than a 0.84 safety bar GC. If it has Fatip OC levels of efficiency, even better, although that may be optimistic on my part
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
As if to reinforce the "YMMV" principle, I quite like using the 0.84 safety bar GC and I'm keen to see the reviews on the OC versions (both the regular OC and the more aggressive Jaws OC) because as crazy as it sounds, I'd like something more efficient than a 0.84 safety bar GC. If it has Fatip OC levels of efficiency, even better, although that may be optimistic on my part
I feel exactly the same. The 0.84 is oh so close to perfect for me. One of the OC plates could just hit the sweet spot.
 

carbold

Carlo
Okay, final evaluation having now used it for 2 weeks...

Fit is okay but finish is poor, exactly what you would expect from a stainless razor at this price point. RR call it "tool grade" which I think is accurate... In my case the (barberpole) handle has visibly poorer finishing than the head. In use I find this razor absolutely infuriating, any more than 2 passes gives me significant irritation which would perhaps be forgivable if it provided a DFS within those 2 passes but it does not, quite the opposite, my neck is still stubbly. Changing from sharp (Feather/Lab Blue) blades to dull (Timor/Treet) made no discernable difference to the razors efficiency, the only thing I felt was slightly more blade feel or drag with the duller blades.

I've had one acceptable shave in 2 weeks which is not good enough when as said previously in this thread I can get a BBS irritation free shave with a BIC disposable (or almost any other DE for that matter.) The "Gamechanger" (lol) has knocked the Muhle Rocca off my no.1 most intensely disliked DE spot.

I rate it a full 5 turds out of 5
Exactly my feeling about this razor. I remember thinking that the head is so similar to a WR1 but the resulting shaves soo poor! I could not get a decent BBs and yet get awful irritation. Technique? Maybe, but I went through a ton of different razors, and this one was frustrating. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the geometry of the head, not sure what.....
 
Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
Exactly my feeling about this razor. I remember thinking that the head is so similar to a WR1 but the resulting shaves soo poor! I could not get a decent BBs and yet get awful irritation. Technique? Maybe, but I went through a ton of different razors, and this one was frustrating. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the geometry of the head, not sure what.....
I wouldn't touch another Razorock razor with a bargepole, put me off them for life... I should have known really as their software is also useless.
 

carbold

Carlo
So far I tried the Mamba (is that a razor even? It just doesn’t cut), the GC (both of them) and the Ti baby smooth, the latter being just OK. Not impressed
 
Top