Razorock Gamechanger

jmudrick

Forum GOD!
A little late, but tried to get the best pics I can. Not the best as I’m using my iPhone but it will give those interested in blade reveal and gap an idea....
Again, crappy pics. But I’m just dead beat tired, sorry Gents....

View attachment 28340 View attachment 28341 View attachment 28342 View attachment 28343
Anybody with a New Improved they can compare this to? Looks rather similar in terms of basic geometry though the GC has extended bottom plate support.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Nothing new to add here except that the Gamechanger gave me an excellent 2.5 pass shave on 24 hours growth on it’s maiden shave. I threw in a fresh Kai SS blade, went all out with the RazoRock soap & a/s splash, the F-400 XXL and gave meself a no irritation, no nics or weepers 5 star BBS finish. As I’ve said before, and to each their own but the Kai & Gamechanger duo is an elite shaving combination for me. Stays smooth but gives just the right amount of blade feel and efficiency that I like. Perfect alignment, excellent fitment and tolerances with good weight and balance equals a great shave in my hands. And for $50. Probably won’t work for everyone, and that’s fine by me. Everyone has to find what works for them. The Gamechanger works for me.....

3B462052-9D67-41D8-B4C1-39A0A38CB0E9.jpeg

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
I really like the radio knob handle.

I've used my Mamba for the last couple of days but I've been really struggling with it on my neck where the hair grows in crazy directions, ending up with either stubble left or having to scrub at it and getting irritation. :/

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Thanks for the pictures and updates :)
In your opinion what razor is the shave feel with the Game changer most similar to?
I have a Rockwell 6s that is out on loan at the moment and haven't shaved with it in a while. Don't quote me on it since shave feel is so subjective, but the Gamechanger with a Kai feels somewhere between a R5 - R6 plate, but smoother and just as efficient. If I used a Feather in the GC, it felt like an R4 plate on the 6s, just smoother and as efficient. But I received a 6c this week so maybe I'll do a comparison to refresh and get a better feel for the shaves.....

EC640D11-CE93-4AEB-B707-7813003D771E.jpeg

Oh dear, I thought it was supposed more efficient than the mamba?
Mamba is mild Lee..needs more passes but more forgiving too..the only razor in my collection I can go fully ATG without irritation. If the Gamechanger is the same deal though, I might not bother..

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Got my fourth shave in with the Gamechanger. Still the same Kai blade in there and it worked flawlessly. Cleared my face in 2.5/3 passes with no irritation to speak of. Why has it been working for me? Perhaps the hair that grows on my face is not as dense as others. I can get a full beard, just not as thick, heavy or dense as some others may have. The hair on my face is also not that coarse, more like wirey steel that swirls around my neck and throat area. So, it might be more of an issue with those that have very heavy growth and perhaps with sensitive skin, the Gamechanger may not be their answer whether using the sharpest blades out there or not.

As I have stated before, the Gamechanger does work for me, but I have had to use a very sharp blade such as a Feather and even more so the Kai. These two blades work very well for me, with the Kai giving me a slight more bit of blade feel thus a better feeling shave. As some have stated here, myself included, I believe the safety bar/guard is just a bit to long and is a detriment to the Gamechanger’s performance in terms of feeling more efficiency throughout the shave. I’ll stand by that and believe that the guard is the main culprit. Positive or negative blade exposure has a good say in it here also, but that span between the guard to the blade is just a tad to far thus making the cutting window a bit more narrow to find for some. I ride the cap a bit more and the guard is basically not touching my face when I shave and I have been getting the desired results on a consistent basis. Not saying it’s the answer, it just works for me and perhaps it might work for others. Besides that, the razor is made to excellent standards of quality, fitment and finish.

Then again, we can just wait until the more aggressive base plates become available. Would I prefer a more aggressive/efficient baseplate? Absolutely. I’d be the first one in line once that happens. The platform is there in every other aspect including the ridiculous price that it’s being offered for to be a true Gamechanger. I think once that’s happens, it will be a different story....
As it stands, I can deal with it.

32F5E737-6A87-45CF-BC97-5F4E6E99BC01.jpeg

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Got my fourth shave in with the Gamechanger. Still the same Kai blade in there and it worked flawlessly. Cleared my face in 2.5/3 passes with no irritation to speak of. Why has it been working for me? Perhaps the hair that grows on my face is not as dense as others. I can get a full beard, just not as thick, heavy or dense as some others may have. The hair on my face is also not that coarse, more like wirey steel that swirls around my neck and throat area. So, it might be more of an issue with those that have very heavy growth and perhaps with sensitive skin, the Gamechanger may not be their answer whether using the sharpest blades out there or not.

As I have stated before, the Gamechanger does work for me, but I have had to use a very sharp blade such as a Feather and even more so the Kai. These two blades work very well for me, with the Kai giving me a slight more bit of blade feel thus a better feeling shave. As some have stated here, myself included, I believe the safety bar/guard is just a bit to long and is a detriment to the Gamechanger’s performance in terms of feeling more efficiency throughout the shave. I’ll stand by that and believe that the guard is the main culprit. Positive or negative blade exposure has a good say in it here also, but that span between the guard to the blade is just a tad to far thus making the cutting window a bit more narrow to find for some. I ride the cap a bit more and the guard is basically not touching my face when I shave and I have been getting the desired results on a consistent basis. Not saying it’s the answer, it just works for me and perhaps it might work for others. Besides that, the razor is made to excellent standards of quality, fitment and finish.

Then again, we can just wait until the more aggressive base plates become available. Would I prefer a more aggressive/efficient baseplate? Absolutely. I’d be the first one in line once that happens. The platform is there in every other aspect including the ridiculous price that it’s being offered for to be a true Gamechanger. I think once that’s happens, it will be a different story....
As it stands, I can deal with it.

View attachment 28696
Nice write up...
Can you compare this to the Mamba? They sound too similar.

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Nice write up...
Can you compare this to the Mamba? They sound too similar.
Very similar in both smoothness and quality of workmanship. I think I’ve mentioned it somewhere here before, but the Mamba feels like a R2 on a Rockwell 6s with most blades. Goes up to maybe 2.5/3 with a Kai for me. The Gamechanger is more like a 3/3.5 on the Rockwell 6s then bumps up to about 5/5.5 with the same Kai. All subjective of course as those are my findings and my particular experiences alone. I take no one else’s word or thoughts and reasoning on how it works or doesn’t work for them. I can give a rats tookus from any other perspective. And I don’t mean that as to taking a shot towards anyone. YMMV truly is YMMV with these things. And in the shaving world, that rule is more golden than not.

On a side note, I still haven’t shaved with the 6c that came in a few days ago. Perhaps I’ll line them up tomorrow morning and see what that nets me and perhaps can shed a bit more light on the aggressive/mildness quandary that the RR Gamechanger is mixed in......:thumbsup:

halvor

a most elusive fish
Damn, this consistent comparison to Rockwell made me regret giving it up a while back and swapping it for another RazoRock razor (at a loss at the time but I didn’t care). I just couldn’t get it to work. The swap razor didn’t do much for me either. And now I want to give Rockwell a try again. Doh!

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
Damn, this consistent comparison to Rockwell made me regret giving it up a while back and swapping it for another RazoRock razor (at a loss at the time but I didn’t care). I just couldn’t get it to work. The swap razor didn’t do much for me either. And now I want to give Rockwell a try again. Doh!
I purchased the 6c only because Rockwell sent me a thank you for purchasing their Model T (whenever that happens who knows) last month with a 15% coupon code and I used it for the razor. Since my 6s is out on loan, I figured what the heck, I’ll give it a go. Shave report and comparison tomorrow morning for sure amigo..... :typing: