Raw Shaving RS-10 / RS-18

snackgoblin

Über Member
Just curious, as I have yet to find any "official" literature on this topic...does anyone happen to know the blade gap measurements for the two plates, as well as whether the exposure is positive, neutral, or negative?

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
For anyone concerned about the lubricating strips for the RS18 I just heard from Avi and he has plenty available a box of 4 is $25

shaveSymptomatic

Forum GOD!
The problem with the RS18 is without the plastic strips it does not shave well. It is slightly smoother than the RS10 aggressive plate but not by enough for me to worry about dealing with plastic inserts. Just my opinion. I love my Titanium RS10, It is still my favorite in my collection.
Mark, how do both razors compare in efficiency?

snackgoblin

Über Member
For anyone concerned about the lubricating strips for the RS18 I just heard from Avi and he has plenty available a box of 4 is $25
Since you're in contact with Avi, would you mind asking what are the blade gaps (and positive vs. neutral vs. negative exposure) on the plates? :D Or, I would be happy to do so myself, if I knew the email...I have not had luck with the listed address on the website

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
Since you're in contact with Avi, would you mind asking what are the blade gaps (and positive vs. neutral vs. negative exposure) on the plates? :D Or, I would be happy to do so myself, if I knew the email...I have not had luck with the listed address on the website
I sent you a PM for his email as I have asked in the past and he did not reveal the answer.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Received the Raw today and am a bit concerned with some scratches that are visible on the top cap. The seller said the razor was brand new. What do you guys think? I’ve messaged him.

F7062F48-6389-4BA4-86F2-AA5F1A21F9FA.jpeg

4E73B820-E70A-41FD-908B-D93CBC94995C.jpeg

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
I think it all depends on what you paid for it and if you can polish those scratches out.
Yeah, this is becoming a bit of a dispute as he says he's baffled and accused me of perhaps having a different razor and photographing that. I wish I could afford two Raw razors! I paid £500.