Raw Shaving RS-10 / RS-18

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
I would stand firm and tell him you’re not happy with the scratches. As has been mentioned PayPal will side with you almost certainly

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Sad times as I really wanted a Raw but what can you do? He's been cool and communicative so I've no beef with him. These things happen. The search continues!

snackgoblin

Über Member
If it was £500 (granted, that price includes the leather case, but still) the razor should be in near perfect condition, in my view...I would tolerate a few of the "micro scuffs" that polished stainless always seems to acquire over time, but certainly not true scratches like that, and right on the face of the top cap...very disappointing news but glad that you'll get the refund sorted

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
If it was £500 (granted, that price includes the leather case, but still) the razor should be in near perfect condition, in my view...I would tolerate a few of the "micro scuffs" that polished stainless always seems to acquire over time, but certainly not true scratches like that, and right on the face of the top cap...very disappointing news but glad that you'll get the refund sorted
Yeah, one of the issues was that the angles he had in pictures didn't show the very top so it's difficult to see what it was like before I received it.

View attachment 62157
I’m hoping mine is ok
That was the guy I contacted for a trade, he said it had gone so you must have picked it up. Did you get the one with the logo?

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Yeah, one of the issues was that the angles he had in pictures didn't show the very top so it's difficult to see what it was like before I received it.

That was the guy I contacted for a trade, he said it had gone so you must have picked it up. Did you get the one with the logo?
I had the choice, I picked logo

Rasatura Bagnata

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
I personally have never used the 18 as I have always had concerns about all the plastic that would be disposable, but 2 friends have told me it is the same result as the 10 aggressive plate but a little smoother.
The same goes for me and the concerns with the plastics aspect. People owning the 18 told me that same thing—a bit smoother than the 10. I am still hoping that Raw Shaving returns to the shaving world. Raw Shaving had listed on their website that they were seeking a patent for the 18’s lubrication inserts.

snackgoblin

Über Member
Raw Shaving had listed on their website that they were seeking a patent for the 18’s lubrication inserts.
By all accounts the 18 is an excellent shaver, but I think the chances of securing a patent are slim!

Edit: To say a bit more...the cap-base-handle design is very old, and stick razors have had lubricating strips for many years now as well. I think is probably the correct result to say that the combination of these elements would be "obvious," and therefore, no patent can issue...

Last edited: