Putting the brakes on

Wayne

Forum Sod
Or IF you drink. I don't. My follies are audio equipment which is largely, in my experience, undrinkable....
I'd be interested to know your set up if you haven't shared it.
Mine is ;
Linn sondek Lp12 Circus, and Hercules Audio Technica MC Cart
Naim 92/90/flatcap
Naim CD3.5 (never used in almost 15 years)
Dynaudio Audience speakers.
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I have a small collection of mediocre shaving products and I'm quite happy with it. I enjoy shaving as a hobby, yeah, I know it isn't really but I have packed in Golf, Fishing etc so these days it is as close to a hobby as I get. I still have loads more stuff than I need and I like expensive razors, I can't buy Rolex watches, Ferrari's, Tom Ford suits and all that kind of stuff and my record collection takes more money than I'll ever spend on shaving. I think we all need a step back occasionally and to re evaluate what we really enjoy and need but shaving especially software is inexpensive in the grand scheme of life. I judge everything by a pint of beer £4.00 a pint so 4 pints = an average soap. The beer is gone in 2 hrs, the soap will give me a lot more value and enjoyment so it isn't expensive for the joy it brings.
You sold the Ferrari ! ?
 

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
Agree completely. I've found my daily shavers -- both Muhle, with enough soaps, creams, and blades to last two lifetimes. Sometimes you have to take a step back.
What about the Pils! ?

“Gentlemen,
The first time out with my new PILS and all I can do is wax poetic. The angle was intuitive, the blade feel was non-existent, weight and balance were spot-on, and since there is no exposed gap between blade and plate & head, clean-up was un-necessary. 2-pass WTG gave me a DFS+, which I am more than happy with.

This may become the only razor I use on a daily basis. Please tell @Wayne and @Nishy they should not have sold their PILS on. Are all LibDems so rash and foolish? One can only wonder what their requirements are for a perfect razor. I have certainly found mine.”

This is why I have never fallen down the rabbit hole. Thank you Steve.
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
What about the Pils! ?

“Gentlemen,
The first time out with my new PILS and all I can do is wax poetic. The angle was intuitive, the blade feel was non-existent, weight and balance were spot-on, and since there is no exposed gap between blade and plate & head, clean-up was un-necessary. 2-pass WTG gave me a DFS+, which I am more than happy with.

This may become the only razor I use on a daily basis. Please tell @Wayne and @Nishy they should not have sold their PILS on. Are all LibDems so rash and foolish? One can only wonder what their requirements are for a perfect razor. I have certainly found mine.”

This is why I have never fallen down the rabbit hole. Thank you Steve.
I've tried everything from Muhle to Feather to Pils. The Pils is a one-of-a-kind razor, but it falls just short of the Feather for the "grip factor". For me, it was slippery when wet. In all honesty, I cannot tell the difference in shave quality between the R89 (Everyman's razor) and the SS £200+ razors. I have gone back to the R89 and R41 and will never look back. You're lucky not to have gone down the hole, but I'm sure that's only because you never listened to @Wayne :laugh: (If Wayne ever sold all his shares in the SS market, he'd be back, too.)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Grishnak

Forum GOD!
I've tried everything from Muhle to Feather to Pils. The Pils is a one-of-a-kind razor, but it falls just short of the Feather for the "grip factor". For me, it was slippery when wet. In all honesty, I cannot tell the difference in shave quality between the R89 (Everyman's razor) and the SS £200+ razors. I have gone back to the R89 and R41 and will never look back. You're lucky not to have gone down the hole, but I'm sure that's only because you never listened to @Wayne :laugh: (If Wayne ever sold all his shares in the SS market, he'd be back, too.)
But Steve!

“I have the polished Pils. 101NL, but they are all beautiful and the best razor on the planet.”

“Update: Third date with the PILS, and it is the most comfortable razor I have ever owned in 55 years. The shaves are exquisite. You have to be from Yorkshire not to love it.”

“Can't imagine any razor more efficient or smooth than my little beauty. It's retired me from BST.”

I nearly bought one for God’s sake!
:giggle:

@Wayne told me it was “National Rib Steve Bowles Day”............although, Wayne did say that was every day.
 
Last edited:
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
There are many things we say and do that come back to haunt us. Just ask Wayne's wife.
 
S

Steve Bowles

Guest
You are right Steve, she once read one of your posts and said She thought you sounded like you knew what you were talking about!
I don't know what gave her that impression. BTW, I just bought a £24 Parker 55SL slant on Amazon that puts the £170 ATT S1 on BST.
 
Top