Paper Plane's Model Railway Thread

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Steve, I am sure that you will have seen the Hornby TV program last night, really enjoyable and did your hobby no harm at all, the skill and artistry of those guys was exceptional.

For anyone that missed it the Channel was Yesterday, repeated on Thursday at 8.00pm
Yes, it was positive and non-patronising, which is very welcome. In the past, the 'social misfit with NHS glasses held together with tape who lives with his Mum' image was the lazy stereotype but, thankfully, this is being overtaken by a more realistic portrayal.

steve (putting soapbox away)
 

Vacumatic

Testy
Yes, it was positive and non-patronising, which is very welcome. In the past, the 'social misfit with NHS glasses held together with tape who lives with his Mum' image was the lazy stereotype but, thankfully, this is being overtaken by a more realistic portrayal.

steve (putting soapbox away)

The program showed the skill and abilities of modellers, the search for realism was impressive.
 

TobyC

Patriot
I would do crashes, derailments, steam locomotive explosions,... do fellas do that or is it all peaceful stuff?
 

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Not long back from the exhibition. The new layout, called Diversion in U.K. mode and Umleitung in German, ran exactly as I had hoped. Very pleased for its first time out.

Today was run in British mode, early 1980s period. (Hope I haven't overdone the images!)
IMG_2560.JPG
IMG_2561.JPG
IMG_2562.JPG
IMG_2563.JPG
IMG_2573.JPG


steve
 

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Gillette, ATG Auto Spares lntl, shaving theme?
Well spotted Toby. :) Did you notice the Proraso sign too?

As I intended the layout to be viable for both the UK and Germany, I needed international businesses. Gillette and Proraso fitted the bill and I thought I would give our favourite shaving forum a plug. Also, car spares are both international and, importantly, often moved by rail.

steve
 

TobyC

Patriot
Well spotted Toby. :) Did you notice the Proraso sign too?

As I intended the layout to be viable for both the UK and Germany, I needed international businesses. Gillette and Proraso fitted the bill and I thought I would give our favourite shaving forum a plug. Also, car spares are both international and, importantly, often moved by rail.

steve
Didn't see that one, my eyes aren't what they used to be. :geek:

Screenshot 2021-12-07 075223.png
 
Top