Option Five DE Razor

Acer89

James
Following your reports has made me more excited about the razor. I prefer heavy razors and Feather is my preferred blade. I really would not having a somewhat milder razor for a change of pace.
I'm sure you'll love it. It's not the mildest razor I've ever used, I'd say mid point between mild and medium.
Both the Feather and Gilette 7 Oclock blacks worked well and my next shave will be with a Polsilver Super Iridium
 

clint64

Forum GOD!
I'm sure you'll love it. It's not the mildest razor I've ever used, I'd say mid point between mild and medium.
Both the Feather and Gilette 7 Oclock blacks worked well and my next shave will be with a Polsilver Super Iridium
Even better. Most of my razors are mid point and up so this one should fit in pretty well.
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
So pleased your O5 has arrived. Mine took a little getting used to but l really like it now.
I wonder if @Darkbulb has received his yet?
He has not :(
With order# 1001 I thought I would have received mine by now but nada in the mailbox. Oh well...let's give it this week to see if anything shows.

Curious to read more reviews thought :)
 

clint64

Forum GOD!


It is in the queue and ready to go. I am really impressed with the look and feel of the razor. The other reviews have pointed out the shape and weight so no surprises in store there. I'll report back after tomorrow morning's shave.
 

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy


It is in the queue and ready to go. I am really impressed with the look and feel of the razor. The other reviews have pointed out the shape and weight so no surprises in store there. I'll report back after tomorrow morning's shave.
The new razor looks great amigo! :highfive:
 

slantman

Forum GOD!
First shave using a Feather, IB The Dead Sea soap and a Stirling 24 mm Synthetic. A great shave. Two passes and bbs with little effort. Even with its 4.2 oz of weight the grip was no problem. I really like this razor and think at under $60 is a bargain.
 

clint64

Forum GOD!
​

Up for today’s shave is the maiden voyage of the Option Five Razor. The razor is made of Nickel Alloy and is on the heavy side at 120 grams or 4.2 ounces. It is looks very futuristic and is advertised to appeal to both men and women. It is so very different from all my other razors, that I am surprised at how much I like the looks of the razor. I loaded up a new Feather blade. I found the blade to be very easy to load and the blade exposure even on both sides. The handle appeared like it would be slippery with wet hands but this is not the case. I had no issues with the handle slipping during use. I did find myself gripping the razor in the waist section of the handle. Going with a three pass shave, WTG, XTG & ATG followed by touch ups ended in my usual near BBS. I found the razor to be mild, not as mild as a Merkur 34c, but efficient. You can really hear the razor cut the whiskers especially on the XTG pass. Even though it is the first shave, I am impressed with the Option 5 razor. I will continue using the razor alternating it with the R1 Calypso over the next week or so. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.
 
Top