Option Five DE Razor

slantman

Forum GOD!
Thanks for a great review and pictures. Looking forward to receiving mine. Also thanks for the heads up regarding using a sharper blade. For the price it might turn out to be a bargain.
 

Acer89

James
This is my second shave with the newly released Option 5 DE Razor. Blade choice today was the Indian Gillette 7 O'clock (black). It's a sharp blade and certainly up there with the likes of the Feather but unlike the Feather it's a tad smoother especially on the first shave.

At 120g the O5 is too heavy for my personal taste but still delivered a shave which was efficient, smooth and comfortable.

I doubt I'll be keeping the O5 as I prefer lighter traditional type DE's but those awaiting delivery won't be disappointed especially if you like hefty modern razors. The build quality and finish is superb and at £51 - $64.90 represents good value for money. ATG members also qualify for 10% discount :happy:

DSC_0565.jpg
 

Robyflexx

Forum GOD!
This is my second shave with the newly released Option 5 DE Razor. Blade choice today was the Indian Gillette 7 O'clock (black). It's a sharp blade and certainly up there with the likes of the Feather but unlike the Feather it's a tad smoother especially on the first shave.

At 120g the O5 is too heavy for my personal taste but still delivered a shave which was efficient, smooth and comfortable.

I doubt I'll be keeping the O5 as I prefer lighter traditional type DE's but those awaiting delivery won't be disappointed especially if you like hefty modern razors. The build quality and finish is superb and at £51 - $64.90 represents good value for money. ATG members also qualify for 10% discount :happy:

View attachment 5506
Beautiful elegant photo James. :highfive:
 

clint64

Forum GOD!
This is my second shave with the newly released Option 5 DE Razor. Blade choice today was the Indian Gillette 7 O'clock (black). It's a sharp blade and certainly up there with the likes of the Feather but unlike the Feather it's a tad smoother especially on the first shave.

At 120g the O5 is too heavy for my personal taste but still delivered a shave which was efficient, smooth and comfortable.

I doubt I'll be keeping the O5 as I prefer lighter traditional type DE's but those awaiting delivery won't be disappointed especially if you like hefty modern razors. The build quality and finish is superb and at £51 - $64.90 represents good value for money. ATG members also qualify for 10% discount :happy:

View attachment 5506
Thank you James for the pictures and detailed review of the razor. I will add my thoughts to the thread upon receipt of the razor.
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
This is my second shave with the newly released Option 5 DE Razor. Blade choice today was the Indian Gillette 7 O'clock (black). It's a sharp blade and certainly up there with the likes of the Feather but unlike the Feather it's a tad smoother especially on the first shave.

At 120g the O5 is too heavy for my personal taste but still delivered a shave which was efficient, smooth and comfortable.

I doubt I'll be keeping the O5 as I prefer lighter traditional type DE's but those awaiting delivery won't be disappointed especially if you like hefty modern razors. The build quality and finish is superb and at £51 - $64.90 represents good value for money. ATG members also qualify for 10% discount :happy:

View attachment 5506
Great review and stellar photo
 

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
This is my second shave with the newly released Option 5 DE Razor. Blade choice today was the Indian Gillette 7 O'clock (black). It's a sharp blade and certainly up there with the likes of the Feather but unlike the Feather it's a tad smoother especially on the first shave.

At 120g the O5 is too heavy for my personal taste but still delivered a shave which was efficient, smooth and comfortable.

I doubt I'll be keeping the O5 as I prefer lighter traditional type DE's but those awaiting delivery won't be disappointed especially if you like hefty modern razors. The build quality and finish is superb and at £51 - $64.90 represents good value for money. ATG members also qualify for 10% discount :happy:

View attachment 5506
Thanks for the Review and lovely pictures James. :thumbsup:
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
Onuresko on IG have more amazing razors than I could ever dream of to own and to see his post today about the Option Five razor is making me really antsy to get mine! :)
"Yes again the same razor. Can´t remember when it was the last time that i used the same razor twice in a row. The razor left a very good impresion on me."
 

Acer89

James
Option 5 Shave 3
Well they say practice makes perfect and this was the best shave yet using the O5 DE
It's taken a few shaves to be become accustomed to the heavy weight and different shaped handle.

The Indian Gillette black provided a very smooth and comfortable shave. I've learned during my DE journey that milder type razors and sharper blades is a good combo for me.

After today's shave the O5 has gained my admiration and respect:thumbsup:
DSC_0577 -1a.jpg
 

Darkbulb

Member #10
Option 5 Shave 3
Well they say practice makes perfect and this was the best shave yet using the O5 DE
It's taken a few shaves to be become accustomed to the heavy weight and different shaped handle.

The Indian Gillette black provided a very smooth and comfortable shave. I've learned during my DE journey that milder type razors and sharper blades is a good combo for me.

After today's shave the O5 has gained my admiration and respect:thumbsup:
View attachment 5541
Thanks for keeping up the shave reports - it's always interesting to see how initial impressions might change.
Now, where's mine? :)
 

Acer89

James
Thanks for keeping up the shave reports - it's always interesting to see how initial impressions might change.
Now, where's mine? :)
Interesting indeed. I'm just not used to handling this amount of weight but with a little practice it becomes easier and more enjoyable. I'm used to lighter razors with short thinner types handles.

I mentioned in my first post, it'll be the all important blade choice and for me sharper type blades work well.

Shave #3 was a great shave.:happy:
 

clint64

Forum GOD!
Interesting indeed. I'm just not used to handling this amount of weight but with a little practice it becomes easier and more enjoyable. I'm used to lighter razors with short thinner types handles.

I mentioned in my first post, it'll be the all important blade choice and for me sharper type blades work well.

Shave #3 was a great shave.:happy:
Following your reports has made me more excited about the razor. I prefer heavy razors and Feather is my preferred blade. I really would not mind having a somewhat milder razor for a change of pace.
 
Last edited:
Top