November 2021 Acquisitions

D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
This thing grated my head like a block of cheese back when I used it years ago.
Did you try changing blades?

If it was years ago could've been the one that didn't take replacement blades

Things amazing imho but you got to 'figure' out the technique to it
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Did you try changing blades?

If it was years ago could've been the one that didn't take replacement blades

Things amazing imho but you got to 'figure' out the technique to it
Yeah it was the old model where the blades weren’t changeable. I think I also didn’t like that you’re essentially going WTG + ATG with every stroke of the razor. It’s a good idea in principle and seems to work for folks, but I ended up preferring the Leaf overall.
 
D

Deleted member 2936

Guest
Yeah it was the old model where the blades weren’t changeable. I think I also didn’t like that you’re essentially going WTG + ATG with every stroke of the razor. It’s a good idea in principle and seems to work for folks, but I ended up preferring the Leaf overall.
I had similar issue last time when I changed blade on first use I don't remember off the top of my head either I put too much pressure on or the replacement blades felt too sharp or maybe I didn't load them on properly but I cut the back of my head a bit bad took a while to heal, I ended up not using it after that and got rust on it so threw it all away

after thinking about it the other day I thought I'll see if there's an offer on black Friday and there was so I thought I'd give it another go and I'm glad I did as before changing those blades last time and getting those cuts I didn't have any issues with it otherwise

I think think where it really excels for me is diagonally ATG on the sides of the headline above temple area, it's second to none and I think it's due to it going WTG and ATG with each stroke

anyways maybe give it another go if you fancy a challenge lol 🙂
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
6B90FE88-789D-40EA-A737-22AA85D6EAFD.jpeg


I’ve always wanted a Blackbird and finally nabbed one during Black Friday. You know, for some reason I’ve always expected this to be quite heavy, but it’s surprisingly nimble given it’s made of stainless steel. Certainly lighter than the Rockwell and Karve. Really looking forward to giving it a run out later today, once the stand has arrived.
 
Top