No Buy 2018

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I haven't purchased a thing. I have so many brushes and razors that I have never even used, as well as a small room full of soaps, creams, canned foams, after shaves, balms, and blades. I have been beyond foolish in my approach to buying shaving supplies these last 3-4 years. Prior to discovering shaving equipment online I was fine; I always had a few pucks of Williams, a few Palmolive sticks, maybe a can of Noxzema, & a jug of Old Spice or some Pashana. But then.... well, most of you lot know where this story goes from here...

But not a cent so far this year.
 

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Well I never signed up to this but I haven't bought anything shaving related in 2018....weird. Still not signing up though :p:
Same here. Have nothing on the must-have list any more. Quite fancied the Simpsons shave cream on BST, as that brand is my fave and I just ran out of Cafe Latte, but I've enough gear to cycle through and be getting on with to let myself down like that. Same for the John Varvatos EDT on the BST; I had my eye on that when it was first released in the UK, resisted then and am still fighting the urge but the fact I have multiple unopened EDTs in a box in the spare room is discouragement enough, for now at least.
Anybody involved here and still going strong through to now should be commended. There's a lot of frivolous purchasing goes on in this scene so tackling that or taking steps to enact a little self-restraint should be encouraged.
Well done, chaps. I may not see it to 2019 but at this rate, I just might.
 
Top