No Buy 2018

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Got my hair cut at the relatively new Turkish barber shop here yesterday. Great haircut- he burnt off the dead ends, & burnt off the old man wolf hairs on top of my ears. After shaving the back of my neck with a shavette the barber hit me with a splash of lemon cologne, as they do. When I commented on the scent he said "You like? I sell to you bottle seven dollars." I resisted. But it wasn't easy.
 

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
Yesterday for the 3rd time I looked at a raffle on bookface and realized that's likely the one time I might cave in.

for example that limited edition only 12 made 10 slots @£25 piece of somethingness?

Surely that's not like, buying anything, right?
AMIRIGHT, GUYS??
I've thought about that as well.

In my own mind, I'd be buying a raffle ticket and if I was fortunate to win, it would be like winning the lottery (albeit with far better odds). It's not like we'd be paying the full purchase price.

So I'm with you on this one @AlexNoodles
 

Barry1963

Easily Led
Yesterday for the 3rd time I looked at a raffle on bookface and realized that's likely the one time I might cave in.

for example that limited edition only 12 made 10 slots @£25 piece of somethingness?

Surely that's not like, buying anything, right?
AMIRIGHT, GUYS??
Hmmm....stretching it a little I think Alex.
 

AlexNoodles

Forum GOD!
Walked from a client (almost picadilly circus) to green park, passed ALL the shops and didn't even blink a fekkin eye.
Got excited walking past the Maille shop, which was very indicative.

last year that trip would have cost me upwards of £50, easy, on poop I dont need!

WOOHOOO!!!
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
A fairly cheap January with no grooming-related purchases which meant that I put away almost 70% of my salary into pensions, investments, savings etc.

I’m also aiming for a frugal February by making other savings - tinned soup or leftover dinner for lunch... that sort of thing.
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Well, I have made it in to February unscathed. I must say though, having seen something that Merv created on the book of Face, I might well be tempted into a brush related purchase this year.

Granted I don't need it, but I'll be damned if Merv doesn't make a corker of a brush.
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Well, I have made it in to February unscathed. I must say though, having seen something that Merv created on the book of Face, I might well be tempted into a brush related purchase this year.

Granted I don't need it, but I'll be damned if Merv doesn't make a corker of a brush.
He certainly does, I’m waiting for the new pink carbon ones to be available. :cool:
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
A fairly cheap January with no grooming-related purchases which meant that I put away almost 70% of my salary into pensions, investments, savings etc.

I’m also aiming for a frugal February by making other savings - tinned soup or leftover dinner for lunch... that sort of thing.
Feck that, life is for living... I'm all for saving for the future but not at the expense of enjoying life, it's too short...
 

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
I have managed curb my impetuosity - passed up sales and really nice brushes. Hopefully late March for my short "does not count" list items to start appearing in New Acquisitons.
 
Top