No Buy 2018

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
Shaveaholics Anonymous???
The late Richard Harris used to joke about how he'd "gone a bit too deeply into the Aqua Velva last night," obviously making a reference to whiskey as the aqua vitae, or water of life. But seriously, I knew guys who drank after shave when they couldn't get a bottle of normal alcohol.
 

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
My resolve is being tested. It seems that my father in law is keen to get back to DE shaving as he has become somewhat displeased at the price of cartridges nowadays. So, the good lady wife has asked me to put together a kit for his birthday - yes, it means I look at what is there and get all "magpie" over the shiny razors!

So far, so good. I have not caved.
 

Barry1963

Easily Led
My resolve is being tested. It seems that my father in law is keen to get back to DE shaving as he has become somewhat displeased at the price of cartridges nowadays. So, the good lady wife has asked me to put together a kit for his birthday - yes, it means I look at what is there and get all "magpie" over the shiny razors!

So far, so good. I have not caved.
That really is a test Nick. Stay strong!
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
The late Richard Harris used to joke about how he'd "gone a bit too deeply into the Aqua Velva last night," obviously making a reference to whiskey as the aqua vitae, or water of life. But seriously, I knew guys who drank after shave when they couldn't get a bottle of normal alcohol.
Yeah I know a guy who drank Ralon (a Croatian version of Pitralon) when in absence of something better.
 

GoHabs

Forum GOD!
The only item I am interested in purchasing this year is a Wolfman WR 1, which means that 2018 will be a "No Buy" year, as Wolfman razors continue to be all but unattainable (for me).
 

dc68

-------------
I can’t complain about my wife buying all her potions and lotions anymore, nor can a raise an eyebrow about her buying another pair of shoes/boots because “they are beautiful objects”.
 

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Still not bought anything, in my mind I see the challenge as a hurdles track, sponsored by @Nico1970. Jumped over the Ti Paradigm, leaped the PAA on the bend. Sprinted down the straight ignoring all of @Nico1970 offerings! Hurdled all grooming dept offerings, duck fat the lot.

It's still January! The rest of the track beckons. Maybe it should be a marathon. Someone chuck me a water bottle.
 
Top