New Rant Thread

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I spent three hours cleaning up the garden on Monday and over four hours today. Tonight I’ve had horrible cramps in my right hand and in both thighs. The cramps in my thighs were severe enough that I had to have my wife help me walk around the kitchen and massage both of them:D. All gone now, but what a discouraging experience. I exercise regularly and take magnesium tablets every day so I’m doubly bummed out. I‘ll be turning 76 a week today, so I suppose this partially explains the cramps. I’ll be back at it tomorrow, nonetheless.
 

UKRob

Forum GOD!
I spent three hours cleaning up the garden on Monday and over four hours today. Tonight I’ve had horrible cramps in my right hand and in both thighs. The cramps in my thighs were severe enough that I had to have my wife help me walk around the kitchen and massage both of them:D. All gone now, but what a discouraging experience. I exercise regularly and take magnesium tablets every day so I’m doubly bummed out. I‘ll be turning 76 a week today, so I suppose this partially explains the cramps. I’ll be back at it tomorrow, nonetheless.
Have you considered electrolyte tablets for rehydration whilst you work? I’m not yet at the stage where I need them for gardening but I always have a litre of water containing 1.5 tablets when exercising inc. swimming. I’m 74 by the way.
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Have you considered electrolyte tablets for rehydration whilst you work? I’m not yet at the stage where I need them for gardening but I always have a litre of water containing 1.5 tablets when exercising inc. swimming. I’m 74 by the way.
You make a good suggestion. I hadn’t considered possible dehydration because it was cold out and I wasn’t sweating at all. Fortunately the cramping episode wasn’t experienced again, even during the night.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Just had an interaction with EBay and what appeared to be A.I. Utter s#@t, at one point I asked if it was A.I. Or a real person, it’s reply “ I am more real than I should be “.

Now chatting to A.I. could actually be fun …….. ?
 

Vacumatic

Testy
Just had an interaction with EBay and what appeared to be A.I. Utter s#@t, at one point I asked if it was A.I. Or a real person, it’s reply “ I am more real than I should be “.

Now chatting to A.I. could actually be fun …….. ?
I am house hunting, it would appear that all the estate agents use chat bots, some are really bad and just keep asking you to repeat the question over and over. If they s is A.I. then we don't have very much to fear, makes me laugh when we have politicians that advocate A.I. as the future, my first thought is 'a big improvement on you pal'.

My wife called HMRC and was really impressed with their bots who seemed to listen and were really helpful, she made a big mistake when she then went on to speak to an HMRC employee and mentioned the high quality of their bot service, she was told that it was so good that they were making some redundancies, the employee then went on 'now, let's talk about the back tax you owe'.
 

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I am house hunting, it would appear that all the estate agents use chat bots, some are really bad and just keep asking you to repeat the question over and over. If they s is A.I. then we don't have very much to fear, makes me laugh when we have politicians that advocate A.I. as the future, my first thought is 'a big improvement on you pal'.

My wife called HMRC and was really impressed with their bots who seemed to listen and were really helpful, she made a big mistake when she then went on to speak to an HMRC employee and mentioned the high quality of their bot service, she was told that it was so good that they were making some redundancies, the employee then went on 'now, let's talk about the back tax you owe'.
Just spoke to a real person at BT. That was most excellent, he was a nice fella.
 

Vacumatic

Testy
I think that there is a bank or building society that advertises that customers will always speak to a real person when they call, I can imagine that this will be a good strategy.

Last time I spoke to a real person on the phone she was from The Gambia now living in Glasgow, must admit that we had an interesting chat, you wouldn't get that with A.I.
 

R181

Grumpy old man
History repeats itself. We now have the new Canadian Hair Force.

.

AS opposed to the New German Hair Force.


They are pretty desperate for bodies in the Canadian military right now. Can't wait to see the outcome. :banghead:

Bob
 

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
History repeats itself. We now have the new Canadian Hair Force.

.

AS opposed to the New German Hair Force.


They are pretty desperate for bodies in the Canadian military right now. Can't wait to see the outcome. :banghead:

Bob
Desperate men do desperate things. Canada is desperate, but this is like putting lipstick on a pig (pardon my hackneyed phrases). Canada never wants to learn from other countries’ experiences, be it the armed forces, health care systems, technical training, sale of alcohol, outdoor patios at restaurants, etc., etc., etc.
 
Top