New Rant Thread

Vacumatic

Testy
This is a lovely picture. Is it a real photograph?
It is a real pic, in the centre of York, England, a city that is 2000 years old and founded by the Romans and developed by the Vikings around 900AD.

The street in the pic is called the Shambles and is pretty much as it was around 1500-1600AD, it was the area in York were there were many butchers and butchering of animals taking place, the word shambles is English slang for a mess or chaos. it is now a very popular place with tourists, Americans in particular, you get a very real idea of life in times gone by.

I haven't done a pub crawl around York since I was a teenager but the idea of a few beers and good conversation with some friends in a pub such as the Shambles Tavern on the right is very appealing.

Daytime shot of the Shambles for reference
11919e339b4e0c71e4df1f37ebbf236a.jpg



Sorry, I could ramble on for hours about this city, great place
 

chazt

shave
It is a real pic, in the centre of York, England, a city that is 2000 years old and founded by the Romans and developed by the Vikings around 900AD.

The street in the pic is called the Shambles and is pretty much as it was around 1500-1600AD, it was the area in York were there were many butchers and butchering of animals taking place, the word shambles is English slang for a mess or chaos. it is now a very popular place with tourists, Americans in particular, you get a very real idea of life in times gone by.

I haven't done a pub crawl around York since I was a teenager but the idea of a few beers and good conversation with some friends in a pub such as the Shambles Tavern on the right is very appealing.

Daytime shot of the Shambles for reference
View attachment 143896


Sorry, I could ramble on for hours about this city, great place
In my mind it symbolizes the old world charm I associate with Europe in general, and the UK in particular. Granted I’ve only visited Spain for 10 days, and UK for 2 weeks, but I read and enjoy studying pictures and photos. Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)
 

dc68

-------------
And they aren’t acting any better.
If you you don't get why these murdering terrorists are being dealt with in the way they are, there is no use seeking to explain. By way of illustration, the terrorist attack on October 7th was the equivalent of over 50,000 being murdered on 9/11. I doubt Hamas sought to apply the 4 principles of International law of armed conflict when they mutilated, disembowelled, abducted and murdered. These terrorists never once shouted "Palestine' or anti Israel slogans during their onslaught, no mention of "Two states"...only "Jews" and "Dogs'....I have seen the 43 minute video of their GoPro and video recordings on that tragic day... I hope you never have to.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
If you you don't get why these murdering terrorists are being dealt with in the way they are, there is no use seeking to explain. By way of illustration, the terrorist attack on October 7th was the equivalent of over 50,000 being murdered on 9/11. I doubt Hamas sought to apply the 4 principles of International law of armed conflict when they mutilated, disembowelled, abducted and murdered. These terrorists never once shouted "Palestine' or anti Israel slogans during their onslaught, no mention of "Two states"...only "Jews" and "Dogs'....I have seen the 43 minute video of their GoPro and video recordings on that tragic day... I hope you never have to.
I actually have seen some of it.
Nothing, nothing, can ever excuse or justify Hamas actions that day.
That does not give Israel the excuse to wipe Palestine and the Palestinian race from the face of the Planet. That is a deliberate act from Netanyahu under the pretence of fighting Hamas.
Don’t pretend it’s anything but.
 
Top