New player in the DE world. Karve Shaving Company.

p.b

Forum GOD!
This is what I received from Chris Kirchen at Karve

Here's a list of how my different guards stack up:
  • AA - 0.018" / 0.47mm
  • A - 0.023" / 0.60mm
  • B - 0.028" / 0.73mm
  • C - 0.033 / 0.85mm
  • D - 0.038" / 0.98mm
You can also look here for a pretty concise list. I haven't checked many of them, but the ones that I have checked seem to be spot on.

I assume this refers to blade gap but it's only part of the story. The Feather AS-D2 is shown with a large blade gap!

Str8Mug

Forum GOD!
This is what I received from Chris Kirchen at Karve

Here's a list of how my different guards stack up:
  • AA - 0.018" / 0.47mm
  • A - 0.023" / 0.60mm
  • B - 0.028" / 0.73mm
  • C - 0.033 / 0.85mm
  • D - 0.038" / 0.98mm
You can also look here for a pretty concise list. I haven't checked many of them, but the ones that I have checked seem to be spot on.

I assume this refers to blade gap but it's only part of the story. The Feather AS-D2 is shown with a large blade gap!
Nice. But guard span and blade exposure is by far and large more important than just blade gap
But, it's a start and base to begin with.

Martini

Forum GOD!
Blade gap is only one of the parameters IMO. Blade exposure, angle, stiffness (and few other minors like type of material, finish, etc.) play a substantial role to overall aggressivness. But usually blade gap is what is given as reference and that's why is so popular.

missingskin

Forum GOD!
$109CAD for a 108mm long handled one is appealing but not much info or pictures
Is that just for the handle or for the whole razor ? I went through to order process and unless it is on the very last page there is no mention of a razor head ?? Plus add $20.00 for p&p.........

nvpliers

Forum GOD!
Is that just for the handle or for the whole razor ? I went through to order process and unless it is on the very last page there is no mention of a razor head ?? Plus add $20.00 for p&p.........
Within the body of the description, it says: "The razor is complete and only requires a blade to be ready to use." Also, it says you are to request which guard (plate) you want, with choice of additional plates if you so chose to add variety. To me, it looks like it is for a complete razor.

Boojum1

Cosmic Cowboy
Just stumbled across this earlier today. Never heard of them until this morning. The Karve Shaving Company. They are producing an all brass DE razor with multiple plate guards from mild to a more aggressive shave feel. Optional guards and handle sizes to suit a shavers particular style. Very interesting. Looks like upstart companies are trying to capitalize on the wet shaving boom and trying to get in on the market. I'm keeping a close eye on this one. Looks like it might have some potential.

All pics and info are directly from their website....

View attachment 21576
View attachment 21577
View attachment 21578

The Christopher Bradley razor is a classic double edge safety razor that will provide a smooth shave and years of service. All aspects of manufacture are meticulously controlled to provide consistent performance and clean aesthetics.

Most notably, the handle is decorated with a pattern that is inspired by the centuries-old guilloche technique commonly used in watch making. The pattern is cut into the body of the handle, instead of formed, which ensures that all of the edges of the pattern are smooth and clean, while still providing plenty of friction for wet fingers.

The razor is available with any one of 5 different solid bar guards, each with increasing aggressiveness, to tailor you shave to you face and style. Optional guards, sold separately.

The entire razor is constructed from solid brass and is bead blasted for a subtle matte finish. As is the case with all uncoated brass items, a patina will form over time and the surfaces will darken.

The razor is complete and only requires a blade to be ready to use.

The handle is available in 3", 3.5", and 4" lengths to suit your style. All handles employ a #10-32 thread.

95g x 83mm long / 110g x 98mm long / 120g x 108mm

100% Made in Canada

Please specify which guard you want when you go through the checkout. They are AA (least aggressive), A, B, C, and D (most aggressive). B is a great guard for a mild shave or for beginners. If you're not sure which guard you want, I will be confirming each order before they go out and you can still change your mind then.

Please note, shipping is expected for December 11. Razors will be shipped on a first come-first serve basis. If at any point before your razor ships, you decide that you don't want to wait any more, please contact us for a refund and we'll be happy to provide it, no questions asked.

Here is the link to their website:
https://karveshaving.com/
Never heard of this of this outfit. Thanks for the lead!