New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

halvor

a most elusive fish
I’m with @Eeyore here, as my Rocca too qualifies as a sweet shaver. I can shave with it for consecutive days, something I cannot say of the Timeless OC.95 for instance.

YMMV and personal preferences aside, I find individual differences unfortunately just as or more relevant with the Rocca, in the sense that it varies from razor to razor. If you’re lucky, it’s a cracking shaver; if you’re not, well...

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
True, I've seen much sweeter shavers than the Rocca but I suppose everyone's different.
That is certain. It's not an everyman's friend. And as I said before (in this thread?); it is much closer to the R41 than to the R89 in terms of aggression. It is also a bit angle sensitive, and it's really worth trying different blades (some people hate Feathers in the Rocca, but I think it is a great combination).

I would definitely not recommend a Rocca to a beginning wetshaver, or to someone who loves mild razors. But if you like the Fatip OC and Mühle R41 razors, then it might be worth to give the Rocca a try as well.

Last edited:

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Yes as many have already stated the Rocca is far from mild. But for me it is a sweet razor so much so that I have two!. Again it is not an everyman razor, many find it too aggressive or rough I suspect due to the fact that it has quite a bit of blade feel, which seems to agree with my face.

But I find it very versatile, on two or more days growth a three pass shave mows down hair and gives a great BBS if shaving everyday a two pass would probably do most guys and gives a good DFS. You can also tone down or ramp up the efficiency of the Rocca with your use of different blades. The Rocca and my Fatip provide me with wonderful efficient shaves.

+1 to definetely not mild. From some reason I get along much better with the Rocca than with the EJ /89.
It took me some time to realize that I can’t do ATG with mild razors.
I do understand the principle of the gradual reduction of the beard. I experience it with the Fatboy and it’s fun.
But for my beard type, I don’t think I will be able to get a closer shave than this. Not unless I spend a whole lot of money just trying to find the perfect shaver (that I might never get just because my skin/beard doesn’t allow me).
So, happy with the Rocca for the moment, even tough that Karve is highly praised.
For now, I just don’t want to add another razor to my collection and use it once per year.

Eeyore

Forum GOD!
The Rocca and my Fatip provide me with wonderful efficient shaves.
Interesting; those are the two razors I have in my daily rotation as well. Everything else is sold, PIFed, or packed away (like my Gillette Rocket and New razors, I have not given up on those yet).

Sausage

Forum GOD!
Does the blade feel in the Rocca resemble at all the Merkur Futur blade feel (in some of the positions anyway)?
I was actually thinking exactly this same thing one day. I would say yes but Rocca is not so clumpsy and Rocca does not make you bleed so easily..

FSword

Guru
Seems to have Futur advantages (if you like its blade feel, which I do) with less of its disadvantages. Interesting.

+1 to definetely not mild. From some reason I get along much better with Rocca than with the EJ /89.
It took me some time to realize that I can’t do ATG with mild razors.