May 2021 Acquisitions

N0ggie

Forum GOD!
That's a shame if the 2012 has been consigned to the ever growing number of discontined excellent fragrances. I remember practically swooning when I first tried it ... most embarassing. The SA whipped out her little pot of coffee beans for me to snort as she probably thought I'd been trying too many. The perils of a Fragrance Dept. 'Trier not a Buyer'. :blush:
Yes it is a shame this has happened, I can only imagine how good the old one must have been. It can still be found at very high prices but I am more than happy with this version :thumbsup:
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Do you find the Myrrh is very forward in this Suavage? I remember it being very apparent when I had it ... may have to revisit (again).
Hi there,
The latest formulation of Eau Sauvage Parfum (classed as the 2017 version) which is the one I have has no myrhh in it. There have been changes to other notes too.
I'm not sure at the moment what they are but from what I have read there are differences from the formulation of old, called the 2012 version which had myrhh in it.
Cheers,
Nick
That's a shame if the 2012 has been consigned to the ever growing number of discontined excellent fragrances. I remember practically swooning when I first tried it ... most embarassing. The SA whipped out her little pot of coffee beans for me to snort as she probably thought I'd been trying too many. The perils of a Fragrance Dept. 'Trier not a Buyer'. :blush:
Yes it is a shame this has happened, I can only imagine how good the old one must have been. It can still be found at very high prices but I am more than happy with this version :thumbsup:
I have both versions (I own the very first batch from April 2012) and I actually prefer the 2017 reformulation.
They removed the Myrr note from the original but apart from the opening 5-10 minutes you will struggle to notice any difference. Some say the 2017 is brighter and maybe it is a little but after 30-45 minutes they’re both pretty much the same. The dry down is STUNNING!
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Thanks to the Bargain Spotting section I picked up 100 Astras from Amazon for only £6.23 including Prime delivery.
Couldn't say no. Oh the pen is a Holiday Inn freebie from a meeting, well actually pinched and it's broken. Writes o.k though and perfect for my usual journal entry "Did nothing today exciting or appreciated by my company"
EF736FAB-AF2E-45F7-A6A6-9F416F4E424E.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Top