March 2022 Acquisition

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Hermès Terre d'Hermès EDT

View attachment 112178

I remember trying this for the first time in Boots many years ago and I couldn't stand it. Funny how your taste changes over the years.
Rob, it's been years since I last smelled this and I hated it back then, too. I was in a restaurant, one saturday evening, and another diner close by was wearing it. Completely spoilt the meal. Perhaps it's worth another smell.
 

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Rob, it's been years since I last smelled this and I hated it back then, too. I was in a restaurant, one saturday evening, and another diner close by was wearing it. Completely spoilt the meal. Perhaps it's worth another smell.
My lasting impression (maybe 10 years ago?) was of cat pee! I probably sprayed it on a test strip and gave it a smell immediately afterwards and not give it a chance to dry down but back them I didn't know about the dry down etc... frankly I couldn't bin it fast enough.

A mate brought a sample into work last week. With some trepidation I gave it another go and I loved it right from the off! I would imagine it's been either reformulated or something might have been removed from it since I first tried it.

If you like fresh Vetiver scents then I think it might be worth trying a sample.
 
Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
My TKMax never seems to have shaving related stock. In the old days I used to get some really good fragrances – but no longer. I'm always on the look-out for Vigar dish brushes too as they are high quality and last for aeons.
You do need to have a good look around in there.
 

hdb3326

Forum GOD!
Agreed. I’ve found the Proraso stuff in random places not always in the Mens Grooming area.
Also seen Cremo sticks as well, there were with deodorants. And have seen a few Alum stick deodorants as well. Presume they could be used as Alum for the face.
 
Top