June Acquisitions

Acer89

James
Amazing work, James!!!:notworthy:
Thanks... I must confess... I wasn't quite sure what to make of the ebonite material but it's really nice.
:thankyou:

[source Google]
Ebonite rod
is a rod made by special vulcanized rubber. When rubbed with animal fur it gets charged and negative charge remains in the rod, fur gets positive charge.
Ebonite is durable, scientifically stable and provides excellent electrical insulation and machinability. Before the rise of petroleum-derived plastic, ebonite was widely used in every aspect of life. When the surface of ebonite is polished, it gives a beautiful, lacquer-like gloss
 
Last edited:

GSVwetshave

Forum GOD!


From local market (Auchan Russia):
Natura Siberica Yak and Yeti Icy aftershave gel 150ml = 132 ₽ (about 1.65 £)
Rapira Platimum Lux DE razor and 5 blades = 112 ₽ (about 1.40 £)

_________________________________________________________________________

and Mail call from TESC:
 
Last edited:

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Jonathan, the maker of these products is Rick and the website is Sebum Gold, in Boston, USA.
The soap comes in several scents, is vegan base, but is sold out frequently due to small batches at a time.
The soap has a low water tolerance so drier brush needed from outset. Synthetic and bowl lathering has been recommended by Rick although I have zero issues face lathering with badger brushes.

https://sebumgold.com/
Appreciate the info, I’ve taken a look on the website. Quite expensive with delivery, have you found the soap good value?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Appreciate the info, I’ve taken a look on the website. Quite expensive with delivery, have you found the soap good value?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan, I certainly haven't regretted any of my purchases. I have four scents and enjoy them all.
PM your address again and I'll put a sample in the post to you on Monday.
Purple is the best one at the moment with the weather as it is.
 
That's why I've offered to send a sample, Yuri. I'll let others judge for themselves.
I'd prefer to pay $60, $70, $80+ for these soaps than, let's say, AdP. Personal opinion, as always. I also have a custom Haitian Vetiver in progress. That's my pleasure.
Of course, David. I think I wasn't clear. The point here is this: you can like Sebum, but that remains marketing. Nobody judges tastes or what's better for a specific skin.
Especially the aftershaves. Too many laughs. A simple body oil based on jojoba. Again: marketing. But, of course, you can like them. I hate this way of being 'artisans'.

EDIT: I had and tried them. Just to say.
 
Last edited:

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
Of course, David. I think I wasn't clear. The point here is this: you can like Sebum, but that remains marketing. Nobody judges tastes or what's better for a specific skin.
Especially the aftershaves. Too many laughs. A simple body oil based on jojoba. Again: marketing. But, of course, you can like them. I hate this way of being 'artisans'.

EDIT: I had and tried them. Just to say.
To each his own, Yuri.
 

Mrchick

Handsome Avatar
Today we went on a day trip to a small town in the mountains and I picked up a couple of goodies.

First is a nice W. Greaves & Sons chopper that should clean up nicely.

The second is kind of cool. It’s a buffer from the estate of an old Jeweler that might be useful for cleaning up razors.


The motor is an old reversible Hamilton Beach sewing machine motor.



It was a good day[emoji16]
 
Top