June 2021 Acquisitions

Dr Watson

James
This landed after almost 2 months. Great presentation box and heavy glass jar of 212ml but I am hard pressed to find any real use of container when it is empty. The jar is really W-I-D-E and perhaps the biggest I have ever used in a shaving soap.
Ordered it for unique saffron scent (apparently they haven't used any other scent while making this soap). On opening the jar lid I got a whiff of something soapy and hardly discernible saffron scent. If this is actual 'scent' of soap I'd say it is 2 out of 10. I am yet to shave with it but i was expecting a yellow/ochre soap. Mine is kind of peach/off white. Going online I see the soap color fluctuate wildly from bright yellow to medium ochre. The bright yellow picture of from internet for comparison. Not sure if I am looking at something v1 release because the English shaving company tend to have big stocks and they do not replenish early.

View attachment 93378
View attachment 93379
That's such a disappointment, especially after waiting so long and paying so much! It could be worth contacting AYLM with the batch code and asking when it was made, I could be totally wrong but "06717" feels to me like it may have been made in 2017 😕 (that is coincidentally when this soap was first released.)

I do know for certain that last year they switched production from TFS (the budget soap maker used by Razorock etc) to in-house so technically the newer one's should be superior quality I would expect. Anyway, if you can confirm with them how old it is then if I were you I'd contact the seller expressing your disappointment at receiving a 4 year old croap... This is not exactly a triple milled soap which will last decades in storage, the high water content composition means it has a finite storage life and they should be taking that into consideration, just my opinion :)
 
Last edited:
Top