June 2018 Acquisitions

Dr Watson

James
Very elegant
Hmm, just had a look. Despite being advertised by Muhle as a 21mm knot the diameter of the glue plug is only 18mm, however it does measure 21mm where the fibres exit the hande... I guess that's where they get the figure from, and also explains why their synthetics usually feel a size smaller than advertised. The socket itself actually measures 21mm so would you suggest going with a 20mm to be on the safe side? On a more positive note the socket is 20mm deep so plenty of scope for playing with loft.
 
Last edited:

p.b

Forum GOD!
The socket itself actually measures 21mm so would you suggest going with a 20mm to be on the safe side?
yes - you won't get a 21mm knot into a 21mm hole. Don't the Muehle knots screw into the handle? That might be a safer, more straighter forward option. i usually buy the knot and then spec the handle bore size so I'm a bit wary of giving advice the other way around.

Anyone else chime in?
 

Dr Watson

James
yes - you won't get a 21mm knot into a 21mm hole. Don't the Muehle knots screw into the handle? That might be a safer, more straighter forward option. i usually buy the knot and then spec the handle bore size so I'm a bit wary of giving advice the other way around.

Anyone else chime in?
Ah dont worry about being too accurate, what's the worst that could happen? :wacky: Yeah, there is a plastic threaded insert inside the handle which the original knot screws into but I could quite easily remove it, if I go ahead with it even... I am going off the idea tbh, it owes me £25 so an extra £15 for a new knot and I could have got something half decent in the first place :rolleyes:

I messaged Muhle earlier asking if it was normal for this model to have a 13mm glue bump and only hold enough lather for one pass? :giggle: I may just stick it on fleabay and get shot of the damn thing... Life's too short.
 
Top