Hectorsgaf
Well used member
Nothing. What is done, is done. Move on.
My uncle used to say "I've never met anyone so far who has regretted being dead"My Uncle used to say ‘you’re a long time dead’
+1 on the R41, really get on well with it, despite the so called horror stories.I'd get these:
- one good conventional razor with open comb and good efficiency, e.g. R41
- some good handles for the R41 or other, like titanium. Nothing heavier than 70g, preferably around 50g.
- some good blades like Nacet, GSB
- one GEM razor and Personna GEM blades. My choice - Micromatic Clog-Pruf
- a couple of synthetic brushes from Yaqi. My choice Sagrada Familia 24mm and a Tuxedo 26mm.
- about 10 European soaps (nothing from USA except Grooming Dept.). Fitjar, SV, Boellis, Pannacrema, Klar, Barbus Classic
As you can see, this selection is a long way from what you usually see recommended. Took me a while to get rid of stuff I bought on the recommendation of various websites and threads. Like a lot of disappointing or downright dreadful US soaps, several Gillette legacy razors which were very nice as objects but not in the same ballpark as the R41, 3 Timeless razors which were inferior to the R41, and a lot of boar and badger brushes which were fun but at the end of the day weren't as good as my favourite Sagrada Familia.
Can you elaborate on the software Sid?Japanese hardware, Italian software. Ignore everything else.
But you would skip the Arko, shirley?It’s a journey not a destination so I’d do it all the same thank you.
And smoke Gauloises or Gitanes cigarettes.I'd go back in time and make the French the victors in the USA and Canada. That way they'd all speak French and have good food to eat. And women would be sensually mysterious and wear berets.