). When I use a Vintage, Str8 or one of my Wedge "safety" razors the plan changes, for me its about the history & ritual, if I get a BBS finish its a bonus.I appreciate that is an average but it dreads me to think of shaving 6/7 days a week, EVERY week!! That would turn this hobby into a chore for me.6.6 times a week
For me shaving is not a hobby or a chore and have shaved daily all my life unless I'm ill. I just don't feel right and unkept if I am not clean shaven on a daily basis. I am actually surprised at the number of people who don't shave on a daily basis.I appreciate that is an average but it dreads me to think of shaving 6/7 days a week, EVERY week!! That would turn this hobby into a chore for me.
Personally, it's not a chore if it's enjoyable and is time to not think of anything else but shaving (and listening to podcasts/music).I appreciate that is an average but it dreads me to think of shaving 6/7 days a week, EVERY week!! That would turn this hobby into a chore for me.
Agreed, for a shaving forum I am surprised how many don't do it more often considering the amount of money spent and time discussed. I guess we are a broad church and there are many reasons for different shaving schedules.For me shaving is not a hobby or a chore and have shaved daily all my life unless I'm ill. I just don't feel right and unkept if I am not clean shaven on a daily basis. I am actually surprised at the number of people who don't shave on a daily basis.
Bob
The most I can do is every other day. There just isn't anything to take off the next day after a near-BBS the day before. It only irritates my face.For me shaving is not a hobby or a chore and have shaved daily all my life unless I'm ill. I just don't feel right and unkept if I am not clean shaven on a daily basis. I am actually surprised at the number of people who don't shave on a daily basis.
Bob
Yes, everyone is different. I suspect the rate at which whiskers come back varies for that reason. I do a 4 pass shave daily and do not suffer irritation so skin sensitivity also may come into play too.The most I can do is every other day. There just isn't anything to take off the next day after a near-BBS the day before. It only irritates my face.

).