How critical of your shaves are you

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Not in the least bit critical of mine. My ethnicity means that I’m prone to ingrowns on the neck even with this way of shaving, so it’s a WTG and a bit of XTG and I’m good there. I basically make sure there’s no visible hair and attain a presentable shave and that’s it. I’d say I’m more critical of the lather I’ve produced than the shave itself.
 

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
My journey of critically evaluating my shave ended swiftly.
For nearly 30 years I shaved and appeared presentable with a clean shave then I discovered online forums. I learned that the correct term to evaluate a good shave is ‘faceturbate’ and BBS. I was gutted to realise that I was not having a BBS shave all these years. Determined to have a proper BBS shave, I ravaged my wallet and sensitive skin only to discover the mirage of BBS. With that knowledge I bolted back to my old routine faster than bat out of hell.
Now if I want to better my shave from everyday routine, I just revisit the soap for final buff XTG on neck area. As a grown up I still refuse to faceturbate like a dolt.
 

SammieM

Forum GOD!
I strive for a BBS every time. Be it with a DE or a straight. I do 3 passes with the DE razors and touch ups and two three passes with the straights and some touch ups on the jawline and under the chin...
 

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
I don't much care, as long as I look reasonably presentable. The only reason that I really look for a very close and smooth shave is as a test of my honing on that particular day.
Since my current love affair with synthetics, my shaves are nearly all the same without variation. A testimony to the downright repeatability of modern synthetic stones. Some could even say boring...
 

BlacknTan

Forum GOD!
My journey of critically evaluating my shave ended swiftly.
For nearly 30 years I shaved and appeared presentable with a clean shave then I discovered online forums. I learned that the correct term to evaluate a good shave is ‘faceturbate’ and BBS. I was gutted to realise that I was not having a BBS shave all these years. Determined to have a proper BBS shave, I ravaged my wallet and sensitive skin only to discover the mirage of BBS. With that knowledge I bolted back to my old routine faster than bat out of hell.
Now if I want to better my shave from everyday routine, I just revisit the soap for final buff XTG on neck area. As a grown up I still refuse to faceturbate like a dolt.
What a great post... I think we all end up here.
 

Steve

Boomer Member
If my razor and blade choice don't get me to a BBS (or thereabouts), I don't worry about it. I don't need to have a face covered in toilet paper bits and alum just to try to achieve something my hardware and software should do for me.
 
Top