Has the BST had it?

Rev 579

Forum GOD!
The problem with visibility (it used to be visible!) is that scumbags, can browse and take advantage of our members. So it will stay hidden, visible only to "Full Members" if that means the "BST has had it," then so be it. Sorry Gents...
Is full membership 25 or 50 "posts"?
 

Rev 579

Forum GOD!
I didn’t even know that this forum had a BST.
Ah well; I will just have to wait!
The wait is 60 days and 100 posts to post in it. There was some discussion within this thread about different requirements for accessing it without being able to post, but I have not come across anything that confirms any modification of the requirements for read-only access.
 

Blackie

Forum GOD!
Maybe the BST also has a problem in that the members are spread out all over the world.
I would love to buy some of the soaps, creams, A/S, etc but the cost of shipping to me makes it all uneconomic.
Bought a few US soaps but the shipping can cost as much as the item. Aussie soaps aren't so bad of course (Aussie is the Western Island of New Zealand).
But it's a 'No' from me. The BST hasn't had it.
I enjoy looking at all the treasures for sale/trade.
I might even find a nice Darwin handle one day!
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
The wait is 60 days and 100 posts to post in it. There was some discussion within this thread about different requirements for accessing it without being able to post, but I have not come across anything that confirms any modification of the requirements for read-only access.
Read-only access will appear sooner. :wink:
 
With read only access that means being able to PM and therefore circumnavigate the rules?
It’s probably so that Newer members aren’t allowed to list stuff for sale rather than buy stuff. Much less risk in someone falsely paying for something as a scam rather than a ton of new fake members listing fake things for sale and getting money sent to them.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
It’s probably so that Newer members aren’t allowed to list stuff for sale rather than buy stuff. Much less risk in someone falsely paying for something as a scam rather than a ton of new fake members listing fake things for sale and getting money sent to them.
There were problems with trades
 

Rev 579

Forum GOD!
With read only access that means being able to PM and therefore circumnavigate the rules?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the issue is related to selling in the classified/BST. When I was new to DE shaving, I much preferred buying from forum members rather than on other retail/auction sites. Again, earlier in this thread it was pointed out that people who are new to shaving are the ones most interested in buying. 2 months in, I had different buying patterns than my first month.
I doubt new members are not supposed to send PM’s to inquire about making purchases. The alternative would be creating a post that asks when one could find Razor A, Razor B, and/or Razor C.
I have always approached forums as a community that opens doors to learning, understanding, insight and sharing. In my experience, there are plenty of closed doors in the world, DE & traditional wetshaving shouldn’t be one of them.
Am I allowed to send @Holyzeus a PM asking if he has any razors for sale? What about interest in buying my ABC 503, Combination Set No. 00G, or Tuckaway?
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Unfortunately there's no 100% safe solution, there were complaints when newbies were restricted from BST access too. Anytime you send payment via F&F or an item for trade you're taking a risk and there's no easy way to mitigate it via site rules.
 

Holyzeus

Forum GOD!
Correct me if I’m wrong, but the issue is related to selling in the classified/BST. When I was new to DE shaving, I much preferred buying from forum members rather than on other retail/auction sites. Again, earlier in this thread it was pointed out that people who are new to shaving are the ones most interested in buying. 2 months in, I had different buying patterns than my first month.
I doubt new members are not supposed to send PM’s to inquire about making purchases. The alternative would be creating a post that asks when one could find Razor A, Razor B, and/or Razor C.
I have always approached forums as a community that opens doors to learning, understanding, insight and sharing. In my experience, there are plenty of closed doors in the world, DE & traditional wetshaving shouldn’t be one of them.
Am I allowed to send @Holyzeus a PM asking if he has any razors for sale? What about interest in buying my ABC 503, Combination Set No. 00G, or Tuckaway?
Read post 175 and also many previous posts, it’s not that simple and to be honest it’s old ground
 

Rev 579

Forum GOD!
Unfortunately there's no 100% safe solution, there were complaints when newbies were restricted from BST access too. Anytime you send payment via F&F or an item for trade you're taking a risk and there's no easy way to mitigate it via site rules.
Read post 175 and also many previous posts, it’s not that simple and to be honest it’s old ground
I believe you and agree. It’s an old problem or challenge.
It turns out I bought some soap on amazon, 100g. The problem is after unwrapping and throwing away the packaging, I noticed the puck didn’t quite fit. Dropped it on the scale...80g. I’ve sold a razor that I listed as user-grade, a Fatboy, $25, shipped. The seller jumped at it and tried to get me to cancel a couple of other handshakes made with other members to add to his purchase(which I didn’t). Sent it out that day. When he got it he wanted me to pay for its return & refund because it had some plate loss in the tray. He ended up keeping the razor when he found out he would be paying for the return. I think he was trying to work me. He also thought $30 was far to much for a cased Parat in Excellent condition.
So there are challenges on both sides. We wade and navigate the best we can.
 
Top