Had a right clear out

Cheesepiece

Stickler
I wash my hands, hair and body with soap, each on a daily or more frequent basis. I can't understand anybody sending soap to landfill.
 

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
No king randy, I actually own very little these days my main hobby is my Soul record collection. I am holding that for my retirement fund.
I’m glad you’re still finding value in that collection, I don’t wanna rifle through your bins and see James Brown’s face staring up at me with a banana peel draped over him.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
I’m glad you’re still finding value in that collection, I don’t wanna rifle through your bins and see James Brown’s face staring up at me with a banana peel draped over him.
I don’t own a single James Brown record. He wasn’t big on the Northern Soul scene strangely.
 

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
Love a bit of Northern Soul! I bet your record collection is amazing. Vinyl is the only thing I hoard. Big jazz head, me. I am pretty ruthless about throwing other things away, but not records. One person's trash is truly another's treasure.
 

Wayne

Forum Sod
Love a bit of Northern Soul! I bet your record collection is amazing. Vinyl is the only thing I hoard. Big jazz head, me. I am pretty ruthless about throwing other things away, but not records. One person's trash is truly another's treasure.
Thank you, it isn’t bad, I have lots of friends who have better ones but it’s good enough. Tried Jazz a few times but with no success sadly. What I appreciate is great musicianship though. And real vocalists. The kind we no longer have and young people do not want anymore. Not one of Simon Cowells stable of singers could get through the front door of Motown Records, never mind record a record.
 

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Jazz is a very big field, maybe even a prairie. I like a lot of jazz both contemporary and ‘classic’ styles. Miles is king in my book but there are scores of other artists I will happily listen to.

One style I cannot get on with is trad, as performed by anyone in a striped waistcoat and straw boater. Early and proper New Orleans music is completely different.

Apologies for thread drift...

steve
 

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I bin them if there's not much left and I really don't want to trough another 10 shaves of it.
If it's half of it or more I give it away, I don't see the reason not to. I mean, it's 2-3 GBP locally to send it somewhere.
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I mixed an unwanted Petal Pusher Fancies soap with borax and washing soda to make a scented laundry detergent. That’s as creative as I’ve been.

Otherwise, it’s hand and shower soap. If there’s only a scrap left I’ll chuck it in the bath and use as bath soap.

I do sell nearly-new soaps with some success, and go through phases of PIFing, and take a hit on the price.

I struggle with waste.
 

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Otherwise, it’s hand and shower soap. If there’s only a scrap left I’ll chuck it in the bath and use as bath soap.
Do shaving shaving soaps work well as a normal shower/bath soap? Its something I've not tried, but have some soaps that could be converted to this use!
 

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
Do shaving shaving soaps work well as a normal shower/bath soap? Its something I've not tried, but have some soaps that could be converted to this use!
It depends, really, as they all ha very different consistencies; i.e. whereas GFT will behave like a typical round toilet soap, Eufros was best used scraping the required amount from the tin.

While they are obviously formulated for shaving rather than cleansing, I’ve always found shaving soap does the job sufficiently well (even when I’m caked in garden grime, motor grease etc). The skin conditioners in lots of the artisan croaps are also fairly moisturising.
 

MPH

Forum GOD!
Do shaving shaving soaps work well as a normal shower/bath soap? Its something I've not tried, but have some soaps that could be converted to this use!
I'd never done this until recently, but I had a soap I'd had enough of and wanted to use up, so tried it. I just can't bring myself to bin soap, and have piffed a few and only binned 2 Wickham SS that had gone off.

The soap I used in the bath was P&B that was quite soft, but I just pulled it all out the tub with my fingers (was half left) and moulded it into a round shape. It was a bit squishy but worked fine.

Now I'm putting all the annoying last bits of soap into one tub, and when its enough i'll do the same with that. I guess I don't need to, but hey.... Let save the planet one small step at a time! Lol.

It's a good way to get rid of them, in a useful way.
 
Top