Films worth watching

Dr Watson

James
Not sure if this thread is intended for new/current movies only?

I'll post anway... Watched "The Piano" (1993) last night, damn good film actually and I regret not having watched it sooner. I was always put off by the love triangle chick-flick aspect but its very well crafted... I think the ending should have been different but sad endings dont sell so understand why they chose to end on a happy note.

Shoutout to Anna Paquin for one of the best performances I've seen from a child actor.

slapo

It's... alive!
Saw "Mr. Church" recently. Not quite real life, yet still a rather nice feel good movie.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Since it has been played in Cannes, most of the critics found it shocking, which might be true for some actually. The release is for November I believe. After seeing the trailer, I find it may be a bit less violent than a Korean film (like I saw the Devil for instance), but we'll see.
Yeah a mate said it created a bit of a stir at Cannes but it doesn’t take much in these hyper sensitive days does it.
I’m not a fan of Lars von Trier at all. I think he goes out of his way to try be ‘’controversial’’ but in fact I think he comes across as a naïve teenager trying too hard. I haven’t seen everything he’s done but I don't rated anything he’s made. I do really like the look of ‘The House That Jack Built’ though.

I’ve watched ‘I Saw The Devil’ and yes, it was very brutal but a very good film. I’m not a fan of gore or violence just for the sake of it but it has its place.