February Acquisitions

Wayne

Forum Sod
Thanks to a good friend who helped me buy this superb Rocnel Elite LE from an American forum and posted it over the pond I’m the proud new owner. Not tried it yet but boy it’s a heavy beast.
View attachment 43740 View attachment 43741
First shave completed, When you hold this razor and look at it you get the feeling it will skin you alive, this however couldn't be further from the truth. It's actually really mild in use. No chance of cutting yourself but still good enough for a two pass and buff up BBS. It's a solid performer.
Tried it again today with two days growth and this time a Feather blade. It is still mild, zero blade feel on the face and it certainly tamed the Feather blade. It is very similar to the Pils. You do not know you are shaving but you end up smooth and stubble free. If you like mild and efficient then it's a winner. I don't like the no blade feeling as I tend not to trust it's cutting and press down more than I should but all is good and I'm smooth as Silk. Nice buy.
 

Mr Mackay

Forum GOD!
I was reading up on these blades and suposedly they are very good.

Can't wait to try them.
Thanks to a friend of mine, I had a chance to try a couple of these blades. Smooth with decent sharpness and a shorter lifespan (3-5 shaves). Based on my limited experience, they are better than green Astras (at least in my book). Certainly above average and a really good buy (especially if you take into account their price). :thumbsup:

I'll have to throw in a few tucks when I place my next order at Connaught's.
 
Top